Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny Avengers, #17

This February, the Earth shattering Ragnarok Now arc reaches it staggering conclusion in UNCANNY AVENGERS #17 - from blockbuster writer Rick Remender and critically acclaimed artist Steve McNiven! The Earth has been sentenced to die. Obliterated at the hands of the Celestial Executioner. The Apocalypse Twins' final revenge against Kang the Conqueror is complete - at the cost of the entire universe! Fractured, broken, and destroyed, the remaining Uncanny Avengers must assemble for one final stand. But are they too late? One planet dies. Another lives. Witness the birth of...PLANET X! Do not miss the issue everyone will be talking about when UNCANNY AVENGERS #17 hits comic shops this February!

Full article here.

So they fail to save Earth than as they move to Planet X?

Kang, you and your team have your work cut out for you.

Maybe you can pick up Havok for your roster during Planet X while you're grabbing Thor from somewhere.

I really wish this book shipped twice a month like other Marvel titles.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I really wish this book shipped twice a month like other Marvel titles.
    Agreed, but there's no way McNiven could've managed that. Remender's got a lot of stuff going at Image right now as well.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Is Planet X the same planet that Rancor from GoTG came from?
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Not sure why Janet needed a big strong man to jump in and save her when she could have just shrunk right out of his grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So they fail to save Earth than as they move to Planet X?

Kang, you and your team have your work cut out for you.

Maybe you can pick up Havok for your roster during Planet X while you're grabbing Thor from somewhere.
    Hmm... you don't suppose... the reason Thor CAN'T save Earth from the Celestial, is because Kang, that clever devil, STOPS HIM, by recruiting him, instead? I'm not sure how on Earth he could convince him, but I suppose he might have some plan.
    Perhaps the Celestials would destroy the entire galaxy, if Exitar was killed? And Kang promises to undo the entire time-line, if Thor helps him.

Either way, Kang has one h*ll of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    No... :P This joke kind of sucks, it's too oblique!

ShaunN

Still trying to get over the sheer stupidity of an Asgardian weapon that can hurt a Celestial. More than that, why are the Celestials so easily duped? Surely they would know who really killed their fellow Celestials and why? In the first appearance of Exitar, his "destruction" of the world he was judging destroyed all the evil people and left the just and good. If he was capable of that level of judgment before, why couldn't he figure out what really happened now?

I like Remender's work, but this whole storyline hinges on something really problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Nope! Rancor was born on "Earth-691" in the 31 century... "Planet X" is a story arc that occured on Earth 616 (present time) and splintered off to become "Earth-15104" (aka) Here Comes Tomorrow.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-31-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Pick him up and throw him in the trash. Kang doesn't need Alex cramping his style.

The artwork on this title is just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hmm... you don't suppose... the reason Thor CAN'T save Earth from the Celestial, is because Kang, that clever devil, STOPS HIM, by recruiting him, instead? I'm not sure how on Earth he could convince him, but I suppose he might have some plan.
    Perhaps the Celestials would destroy the entire galaxy, if Exitar was killed? And Kang promises to undo the entire time-line, if Thor helps him.

Either way, Kang has one h*ll of a team.

No... :P This joke kind of sucks, it's too oblique!
    It would be interesting if before Earth is destroyed Kang appears and takes 616 Thor with him with the chance to change and reverse things. Thor may have no choice but to agree to the plan.

Really cannot wait to see how the team interacts. Doom 2099 better get a headache because of Earth-X Venom's antics and jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Pick him up and throw him in the trash. Kang doesn't need Alex cramping his style.
    He at least makes a handy tool with his power set.

Hehehe... Tool. Havok is a handy tool.

Heh.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 01-31-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Looks like Uriel didn't die from Thor killing him. And I don't know how to take this arc, if the Earth is destroyed in this issue and Planet X becomes the new planet to live on. This all sounds like another one of those plots from Remender, like Jimmy's dream world, and Dimension Z, where nothing actually happens, it just retreats back to the present and everyone wakes up. If that's what this is, I am over those stories that try to dupe the reader all the time, without doing that. Captain America stuck in a dream world where he reverted to weak Steve Rogers; Captain America lives for 12 years in an alien dimension, and then he hasn't been gone 30 minutes. What is this? Captain America sees Earth destroyed by Kangs Apoc twins, and then Immortus snaps his fingers and it didn't? Common thread? Captain America has been the focus of Remenders nightmares, so you'd think Steve Rogers would just yawn and say, "Same old, same old". It's just been one reality altering switch after another with Remender.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

They can travel the multi-verse and time.

Uriel could be "Dead" but nothing says he has to "stay" dead.

If he returns soon than I can see why Thor would end up joining Kang's team if Kang had a way to not only reverse things but to defeat the Twins permanently.

It's officially just evil at this point, posting these threads. I used to assume that once there was a preview thread, the book is coming the following week. Now you're posting them several weeks in advance. I get unduely excited for a second, every time. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.