Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Where's the "dislike" button? Bwaahahahahaaa

Anyhoo, I am not a fan of neither Eisenberg nor Affleck but whatever casting is made doesn't bother me. If I get my entertainment money's worth upon viewing, I'm happy.

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by hugh45 View Post
    Y didn't like him in 'Chasing Amy'?
    I'm pretty sure Chasing Amy wasn't an action movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Chasing Amy wasn't his fault; the dialog he had to spout would make any decent actor look like shit.
    God, I hated that movie. With a passion. Yet, for some ungodly reason, all my friends at the time seemed to love it.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

my first reaction to the casting of Eisenberg as Luthor:

but I'm slowly coming around.

and Jeremy Irons is a great choice for Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Lex Luthor was never a physical match for Superman, so I don't understand the call for Eisenberg to beef up.
    Because he's generally been portrayed as an intimidating ubermensche in modern times. He's kind of a human Superman, and it's been played up how he'd be awesome in a world without an actual Superman.

huh, unexpected. So long as hes bald eventually then whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I doubt anyone much under the age of 45 who's not a comic fan even knows the old backstory behind Lex's baldness
    Well, strictly speaking the story behind Lex's bald head is an illustrator mistaking a bald character for Lex Luthor and him being portrayed as bald after that.

Later stories built on that with Lex having had hair and losing it for varying reasons, with the comics and Smallville keeping Luthor's hair as being red before losing it.

Mind you a dude doesn't need tragedy to go bald.

However I do think physical appearance is somewhat important in adaptions because otherwise, what's point of even taking the name? Why not a Chinese woman as Lex Luthor? Is there a cutoff before it just isn't the character?
    0.jpg

I actually remember seeing Lex with colour hair along that line, in Death of Superman, though I would've thought he would've been bald by that point.
    Smallville also seemed to follow with it, during flashbacks, the premiere and even the final season (in a fashion).

I don't know about anyone else, but does that Man of Steel cover remind anyone of The Amazing Spider-Man cover where the Punisher and Jackal debuted? Spider-Man getting shot at, upside down, with someone, like the Punisher, at the side.

Anyone heard of a haircut?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Well, strictly speaking the story behind Lex's bald head is an illustrator mistaking a bald character for Lex Luthor and him being portrayed as bald after that.

Later stories built on that with Lex having had hair and losing it for varying reasons, with the comics and Smallville keeping Luthor's hair as being red before losing it.
    All of which I knew and none of which impacts my point. There's no longer any inherent story/character-based reason to make Luthor bald, so there's no good reason to not have him with hair in the movie. Doesn't mean he can't be bald, just that he doesn't have to be, and if he's not, it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chasing Amy wasn't an action movie.
    Depends whom y ask
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    However I do think physical appearance is somewhat important in adaptions because otherwise, what's point of even taking the name? Why not a Chinese woman as Lex Luthor? Is there a cutoff before it just isn't the character?
    If there is, I'm pretty sure if comes a long way after a character's hairstyle. Lois has been a tall brunette forever in the comics, but she was played by a short redhead in MOS. The world continued to spin.