Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    "New fans" are actually in the best position. They don't have decades worth of reading comic books and watching the DC Animated Universe to cloud their judgement on who these characters really are.
    Yeah. New fans won't know its crap when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Ahahahaha.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Irona ia great casting. Eisenberg wil bring something original, so I'm excited

I want Jonah Hill nowhere near this movie. Nowhere near

Jeremy Irons was my #1 choice to play Alfred, so of course I'm 100% ok with that pic.
    Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, huh? I would have never thought of that one. Then again, he is an Academy-award nominated actor who's proven that he can play arrogant villain-ish type characters before, so it could work. He's a lot younger than I expected Lex to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Affleck's not a bad actor. But whether he's the right fit for this role is an open question.
    It's Batman. Not exactly a challenging role.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I see the tradition of casting amazing actors as Alfred is still alive and well.
    yeah, Irons is awesome.
    He would have been perfect as Jason Blood back in the day, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Banon View Post
    He's not a good actor, either. The man can be servicable at best, and awful at worst.
    No, he's a good actor. Once he decided to stop taking roles for the Paycheck (which was one of the worst movies he ever did), he started to really grow.
    His Daredevil was fine...not sure how nuanced he needed to be in red motorcycle leathers, and beat on people.
    Batman is the same..the visuals are the thing in those movies. You cant really see his face, so just scowl and move the best you can in a rubber suit that constricts your movements.
    The fact that Michael Keaton could act in that thing is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
    Even Kevin Smith (ironically his big bromantic cheerleader now) admitted he had to write a role around him, and that he is really limited in what he can do.
    I wouldn't take Kevin Smith's critique seriously, though. This is a director that hasn't grown one iota since doing a school project level debut.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    It's Batman. Not exactly a challenging role.
    (A) I never said it was.

(B) Most of his roles haven't been particularly "challenging" but that doesn't change the fact that he's been bad in several movies.

(C) It has nothing to do with how "challenging" the role is, it has to do with how well a particular actor's strengths align with a particular type of character. A lot of actors who are good at certain types of roles don't do as well in other types. There are very few actors who are great at playing any type of character and Affleck is not one of them. He's done several action movies and hasn't been particularly good in any of them.

(D) George Clooney
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

I can imagine some WB exec going "Why are they complaining? They did say many times they wanted Eisenberg!"

"Uhm, sir, it was Heisenberg"

"Well, fu---"
    Check my YT channel where I display the comics I can afford from time to time

Beyond The Gutter(Loss)

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I still like the casting of Affleck as Batman. This, not so much. Irons as Alfred, however, is perfect. I find Eisenberg annoying to watch at times. Smug, arrogant, condescending genius, well he's played those types of roles before true. He can certainly do douche well. But for me, looking like an arrogant genius who looks like he gets slapped around the school lunchroom until all of his lunch money falls out doesn't scream Lex Luthor, billionaire genius and nemesis to the Last Son of Krypton. We shall see I suppose.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Is it pride that has you people defending this shlock? You were fine with Affleck so now every terrible hilariously awful move is treated with the same reaction. You know this movie is actually going to come out and your posts are still going to exist. I've seen denial before but this is border-lining on mental illness.

Well we all can't have our mothers drive us everywhere (kidding joking)
    What I don't understand is how much do you know about lex Luthor and your knowledge on what version of lex is going to appear on stage.
    Why would you even think that it'll be a bad choice to have eisenberg as lex?

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Eisenberg: Ehh, I'll wait and see a clip.

Jeremy Irons: This choice is giving me funny feelings... why are my pants getting tighter?
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

I wish I could kiss the feet of the guy that made this.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!