Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's not an issue of whether it's too much effort. It's an issue of why waste the effort if it doing it doesn't mean anything to you? It wouldn't take me much effort to go open my window and drop eggs on some stranger's car. But I won't. Why not? Because why would I want to do that? I gain nothing from it.

Just because something's easy to do doesn't mean you're obligated to do it. It's a conscious decision. And if someone repeatedly decides to do something, over and over again, in a way that pretty clearly indicates some level of emotional involvement in the act, then cries of "I couldn't care less" just ring false.
    What effort? This is an internet message board, we aren't running cross country. Your analogy about egging someones car is also horrible.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    What effort? This is an internet message board, we aren't running cross country.
    Which would, perhaps, explain why I said in a language most would recognize as plain English:

It's not an issue of whether it's too much effort.
    But, y'know, whatever. I could point out to you that the more you continue (vainly) to argue about it the more you, basically, illustrate my point. But, really, why would I bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Your analogy about egging someones car is also horrible.
    Yeah, because it in no way represents a pointless activity from which the doer gains no real satisfaction and thus bears no resemblance to you ripping into Clark Gregg even though you supposedly don't care about him, his show, or anything he says. Nope. No parallels whatsoever.

Ah well. I'm done. C-ya.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    For the record, I watched some episodes and quit the show because I thought it was pretty shitty.

And no, I didn't think poorly of it because Iron Man wasn't there. I thought poorly of it because... it wasn't good. Sorry Jeph Loeb, but you kinda suck at making TV shows (and comics too). Everything you touch these days turns into garbage.
    The show is the result of Jeph Loeb and Joss Whedon, it's sort of a perfect storm of shit.

Not that Whedon always do badly, just that the style of show that Whedon gravitate toward, when it doesn't have all the right stuff together can be dreary.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Which would, perhaps, explain why I said in a language most would recognize as plain English:
    It's not an issue of whether it's too much effort.
    No, you said:

It's not an issue of whether it's too much effort. It's an issue of why waste the effort if it doing it doesn't mean anything to you?

To which I replied

What effort? This is an internet message board, we aren't running cross country.

No effort was wasted because it took zero effort. There were no efforts given at all. The only thing that may take effort is getting across to you that just because you have an opinion on a type of stupid behavior doesn't mean you somehow felt personally affected by that behavior.

Yeah, because it in no way represents a pointless activity from which the doer gains no real satisfaction and thus bears no resemblance to you ripping into Clark Gregg even though you supposedly don't care about him, his show, or anything he says. Nope. No parallels whatsoever.

Ah well. I'm done. C-ya.
    It has nothing to do with Clark Gregg, I would think the same thing no matter who was calling people names just because they aren't watching said persons show. And I like the guys works, I like Choke, but I still think you looks like an idiot for calling people losers for no other reason than they stopped watching his tv show. How does he not come out looking bad by calling people losers for not watching his show anymore?

There aren't any parallels. One is me thinking a actor calling people names because they aren't watching his show is really stupid behavior that makes said actor look like a jerk. This is an opinion that has nothing to do with the actor, or being personally affected by the things being said. The other is a clumsy analogy about egging cars. The two aren't similar in any way. The only similar seems to be that like the car you think I'm "attacking" Gregg just 'cause.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yes lets punish the guy who has done nothing to warrant it.
    I was talking about someone who has done more then enough. But, you know, it's all about having the right friends.