Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Why not? It's his place to call anyone he wants anything he wants. It's not like he's the leader of a powerful nation or anything. He's just an actor having some fun. We're only the losers if we're taking what he says so personally and are hurt by what he says.
    I'm not really hurt by his words or anything, I just find it odd to call people losers because they gave up on a tv show. He is certainly free to say what he wants. If it were me, I would of either just focused on the people who are watching the show and giving it a chance or I would of kept my mouth shut.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    This is fine, but he has no place to be calling anyone "losers".
    He has just as much place to call people who criticize the show losers as the people he's calling losers have to criticize the show. The door swings both ways. He's a grown man with free will in a democratic nation. He can call anyone anything he wants, as long as he's willing to live with the consequences.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

The comment came off so tongue in cheek, though.
    You would have to have skin more fragile than onion paper to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    The comment came off so tongue in cheek, though.
    You would have to have skin more fragile than onion paper to be offended.
    The nature of some comic fans. They get offended over every little thing
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The nature of some comic fans. They get offended over every little thing
    Its funny, when certain comic fans criticize the show, they are downright nasty and vicious, yet when someone from the show "fights back" (I'm still convinced it was tongue in cheek) they come off as very thin-skinned. Can dish it but can't take it?
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

It's just petty and juvenile. That's goes for Clark and the people who criticize the show in a disrespectful way. If you've got legitimate complaints (which lots of people do) and can express them in a respectful way (which lots of people can), then fine. I've got no beef with that. However, if you're an asshole about it, then you're an idiot and an asshole and your opinion means nothing. The same goes for the other side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    It's just petty and juvenile. That's goes for Clark and the people who criticize the show in a disrespectful way. If you've got legitimate complaints (which lots of people do) and can express them in a respectful way (which lots of people can), then fine. I've got no beef with that. However, if you're an asshole about it, then you're an idiot and an asshole and your opinion means nothing. The same goes for the other side as well.
    I understand that, but Gregg's comment came off as very tongue in cheek..a somewhat sardonic comment that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I understand that, but Gregg's comment came off as very tongue in cheek..a somewhat sardonic comment that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
    You keep say that but I think your just adding the tone you want to it. Without being right there when he said it you can't just say "oh he was kidding".

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You keep say that but I think your just adding the tone you want to it. Without being right there when he said it you can't just say "oh he was kidding".
    Even if he wasn't kidding . . . so what? He was basically saying that he thinks the show is good and people who aren't watching are missing out. He's not the first actor to express such a sentiment about a project.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Even if he wasn't kidding . . . so what? He was basically saying that he thinks the show is good and people who aren't watching are missing out. He's not the first actor to express such a sentiment about a project.
    I could give two shits either way I am just saying you can not take something you read and add your own tone to it to make it sound how you want it to. You have to read it how it was written. If it is an interview your watching then sure you can go by the way someone says things just not so much in print.

Seriouly Kal do you do anything on here except argue the opposite opinion of whatever the majority of whatever thread you are in are? It really seem to be becoming you MO in every thread you jump into. You have this "I have to be the devils advocate" crusade going. I honestly think at this point if there was a thread saying how Batman and Robin was a horrible film you would be calling it a misunderstood masterpiece just to have the opposite view.

I'm not offended by his comment, I just largely don't care about it. But the fact is its not that tongue in cheek. If thats the case everything can be tongue in cheek, I can call your mother fat and ugly and be like, relax what the hell, its not meant to be taken seriously, my comment is just really tongue in cheek.
    I don't think Gregg meant any insult, but come on, theres no defending what he said.

theres no defending what he said.
    There's no need to defend what he said.
    This just isn't so important.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

*shrugs*

Can't give up on something I never watched. No big deal.
    "We're from Philadelphia, and we fight."
    ---Chip Kelly, Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    He sounds a bit pissed off that people don't like the show. I know some people are saying it sounds tongue-in-cheek, but it just sounds like he's mad.
    People always say that it was "tongue in cheek" when actors/creators etc say stuff like this, but it rarely is. It's the guy being a dick.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    People always say that it was "tongue in cheek" when actors/creators etc say stuff like this, but it rarely is. It's the guy being a dick.
    Yes, because sarcasm, tone and inflection is so easy to translate in print form. Way to not give another human being the benefit of the doubt just because you're hurt by a joke.