Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    That shouldn't matter unless you're using voice recognition instead of typing. You have the choice to have it come out however you want. Do you think this is exactly how we all talk? I know there are a lot of things i say that look offensive if they're typed and the person can't hear my tone or see that i'm joking, but does that mean I just hit send and let them be offended? Act like my own words aren't my responsibility because everyone else is taking it the wrong way? No, I hit backspace and rephrase it because even if I don't mean to be rude, someone can still be offended, and that would be my fault, which would make me kinda lame.

And really, what you said was rude. Own up to it. Someone wanted to discuss something and what he said indicated that he didn't possess a piece of knowledge that you had. Most would see that as at most an opportunity to educate, and at least a chance to discuss a common interest with someone you'd probably get along with in real life. I've seen you respond rudely like that to a lot of people who didn't deserve it. You did it to me a long time ago. I've seen plenty of people call you out on it, but for some reason you still do it. If you really don't mean it that way, why have you not tried to do anything about people constantly misunderstanding you? Either way it doesn't make sense.

Everyone else is here because we like these comic books
    Well said sir. I agree he is rude and my least favorite person on the forums.
    Guess who's back.... Back again....

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Definite21 View Post
    Well said sir. I agree he is rude and my least favorite person on the forums.
    Let's hug it out bro

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    I agree and disagree. I definitely know what you're saying about Hickman, and I think it's time for him to learn a few new tricks. What I don't agree with is that his villains are interchangeable and boring. They do have common traits, but I think that's because as a writer who thinks highly of his own abilities, he wants to take any book he grts onto and turn it on it's ear. His method is usually to introduce some seemingly unstoppable force which is far more intelligent and powerful than humans to the point that humanity is insignificant to them.

I really enjoyed his writing for a long time especially for his Ultimates run, which I consider incomplete. I think after he has a chance to do his thing, pick up the base and smash it just to put it back together, that's when he'll start showing us new stuff.. It just seems like he gets taken off of a book before he has a chance to take a breath in the world he just spent like 2 or 3 arcs creating.

He's a great writer.. But great writers suck when they don't have full creative control. And I see what he's usually trying to do. Right now it seems like every super hero story in the Universe has been told, so he wants to create a new setting to give himself a better surface to paint on.

Think about it this way: in the 80s, the great writers were revamping super heroes because all the comic book fans were growing up. It was time to make more super hero books that adults would enjoy, so guys like Frank Miller and Allen Moore were updating the characters. Adding new elements to their back stories to make them more complicated and more interesting to write about. Writers of today don't habe that problem. They have a new problem. They need to make major changes that make the books feel much different without changing the back stories of the characters, so they're changing the setting.
    Here we go this is the kind of problem I was talking about.

^ So like, are they naked, or is this more of an ambiguous Transonic situation?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did anybody else here read this issue? It was totally a rip off of the Children. These beings came and saw the mutants as the biggest threat, the immediately adapted so there blasters just disintegrated anyone with a mutant gene. Then they took out that worlds Avengers/Illuminati as if they were children. Total jobbing man, Hickman needs to knock it off with these "all powerful and ever adapting" bad guys because logically now they should obliterate everyone.
    Hickman's underlying message is more a post 9/11 one just like Mark Millar's was, only with Hickman's vision of course. I would sum things up more like: secret conspiracies of illuminati that try and dictate to the world no matter how "enlightened" will end in horror and catastrophe. I believe this to be true whether its Secret Warriors where almost all of Nick Fury's charges get killed and he decides to retire to S.H.I.E.L.D. to Ultimates to now New Avengers. The stories where there are a happy ending for Hickman are Fantastic Four where 616 Reed Richards learns it is enough to be a good father to his son Franklin Richards versus the example of the Council of Reeds and Avengers where "getting bigger" and involving the rest of the Universe as equals in the battle versus the Builders and Thanos leads to victory.

For New Avengers, I thought the point is these Illuminati are in way over their heads BECAUSE of their inability to involve others except for Maximus and an unknown figure. These alternate universe heroes being massacred shows that Earth parochialism is not enough. They must get bigger, more expansive.

Think of it as an advertisement for the EU or other multinational organizations in this world.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 02-14-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    ^ So like, are they naked, or is this more of an ambiguous Transonic situation?
    They're adaptoids. They adapt ;)