Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Twin Cities of Tian in New Avengers 15

I want to be mad but honestly, I'm glad Hickman is using it. New Avengers is a stellar book.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...R2-6-9618f.jpg
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

You know Tian has been around since 2008 right?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Oh, yeah! Wasn't it introduced in an X-comic?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Why do you always sound like a colossal douche-bag to people who don't know some stuff?

Tain WAS in Astonishing X-Men, but it was already long dead. So this this portrayal of it is closer to the Ultimate version.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Tain WAS in Astonishing X-Men, but it was already long dead. So this this portrayal of it is closer to the Ultimate version.
    See this is how to make a good response. I feel like if I ever meet that other guy in real life I would punch him in the face for being a know-it-all.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

On a brighter note, we can't really call this another case of 616 taking something from Ultimate since this is taking place in a doomed Universe.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziver View Post
    Why do you always sound like a colossal douche-bag to people who don't know some stuff?
    My speech pattern doesn't work with text. If it seems like I am trying to be I am not.

My speech pattern doesn't work with text. If it seems like I am trying to be I am not.
    Nice excuse but I have seen you do the same thing to other posters. You're probably in denial.

I even googled it to see if it were in 616 first. Oh well, my google skills are weak.
    Comics are more better.

Warren Ellis added some very interesting locations to the Marvel Universe during his Astonishing X-Men run. It's a shame the original Tian got destroyed by the end of his first arc, but I'm glad that it's being used in alternate universes at least.

Lightbulb

That shouldn't matter unless you're using voice recognition instead of typing. You have the choice to have it come out however you want. Do you think this is exactly how we all talk? I know there are a lot of things i say that look offensive if they're typed and the person can't hear my tone or see that i'm joking, but does that mean I just hit send and let them be offended? Act like my own words aren't my responsibility because everyone else is taking it the wrong way? No, I hit backspace and rephrase it because even if I don't mean to be rude, someone can still be offended, and that would be my fault, which would make me kinda lame.

And really, what you said was rude. Own up to it. Someone wanted to discuss something and what he said indicated that he didn't possess a piece of knowledge that you had. Most would see that as at most an opportunity to educate, and at least a chance to discuss a common interest with someone you'd probably get along with in real life. I've seen you respond rudely like that to a lot of people who didn't deserve it. You did it to me a long time ago. I've seen plenty of people call you out on it, but for some reason you still do it. If you really don't mean it that way, why have you not tried to do anything about people constantly misunderstanding you? Either way it doesn't make sense.

Everyone else is here because we like these comic books
    http://trallis.blogspot.com/
    A blog about high adventure and comic book collecting

Did anybody else here read this issue? It was totally a rip off of the Children. These beings came and saw the mutants as the biggest threat, the immediately adapted so there blasters just disintegrated anyone with a mutant gene. Then they took out that worlds Avengers/Illuminati as if they were children. Total jobbing man, Hickman needs to knock it off with these "all powerful and ever adapting" bad guys because logically now they should obliterate everyone.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did anybody else here read this issue? It was totally a rip off of the Children. These beings came and saw the mutants as the biggest threat, the immediately adapted so there blasters just disintegrated anyone with a mutant gene. Then they took out that worlds Avengers/Illuminati as if they were children. Total jobbing man, Hickman needs to knock it off with these "all powerful and ever adapting" bad guys because logically now they should obliterate everyone.
    Yep. One of the problems I have with Hickman is that he can't make good villians anymore. After the Ultimates arc, everyone thought that what he did was so awesome and unique but now he is just rehashing it. What I love about villians is that they have limitations, they have a certain ability set, and they have a unique identity. Hickman is not doing that. No limitations because they all seem like Superman. Most of the villians have the same powers so they are interchangeable. And they don't have unique names. The Builders, Mapmakers, etc. Those villians are boring. And you might say well what about the Children of Tomorrow? The reason we loved them so much was because they were under Reed Richards who had an identity, who had a back story. These other villians that Hickman creates don't seem like threats at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ziver View Post
    Yep. One of the problems I have with Hickman is that he can't make good villians anymore. After the Ultimates arc, everyone thought that what he did was so awesome and unique but now he is just rehashing it. What I love about villians is that they have limitations, they have a certain ability set, and they have a unique identity. Hickman is not doing that. No limitations because they all seem like Superman. Most of the villians have the same powers so they are interchangeable. And they don't have unique names. The Builders, Mapmakers, etc. Those villians are boring. And you might say well what about the Children of Tomorrow? The reason we loved them so much was because they were under Reed Richards who had an identity, who had a back story. These other villians that Hickman creates don't seem like threats at all.
    I agree and disagree. I definitely know what you're saying about Hickman, and I think it's time for him to learn a few new tricks. What I don't agree with is that his villains are interchangeable and boring. They do have common traits, but I think that's because as a writer who thinks highly of his own abilities, he wants to take any book he grts onto and turn it on it's ear. His method is usually to introduce some seemingly unstoppable force which is far more intelligent and powerful than humans to the point that humanity is insignificant to them.

I really enjoyed his writing for a long time especially for his Ultimates run, which I consider incomplete. I think after he has a chance to do his thing, pick up the base and smash it just to put it back together, that's when he'll start showing us new stuff.. It just seems like he gets taken off of a book before he has a chance to take a breath in the world he just spent like 2 or 3 arcs creating.

He's a great writer.. But great writers suck when they don't have full creative control. And I see what he's usually trying to do. Right now it seems like every super hero story in the Universe has been told, so he wants to create a new setting to give himself a better surface to paint on.

Think about it this way: in the 80s, the great writers were revamping super heroes because all the comic book fans were growing up. It was time to make more super hero books that adults would enjoy, so guys like Frank Miller and Allen Moore were updating the characters. Adding new elements to their back stories to make them more complicated and more interesting to write about. Writers of today don't habe that problem. They have a new problem. They need to make major changes that make the books feel much different without changing the back stories of the characters, so they're changing the setting.
    http://trallis.blogspot.com/
    A blog about high adventure and comic book collecting