Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Ms. Marvel, #1

The legend has returned! Marvel Comics presents the all-new MS. MARVEL, the ground breaking heroine that has become an international sensation! Kamala Khan is just an ordinary girl from Jersey City--until she is suddenly empowered with extraordinary gifts. But who truly is the all-new Ms. Marvel? Teenager? Muslim? Inhuman? Find out as she takes the Marvel Universe by storm, and prepare for an epic tale that will be remembered by generations to come. History in the making is NOW!

Full article here.

Funny, beautifull art. I might just check this out.

This looks fantastic. Characters who talk like real people and gorgeous art.
    Techcitement is an online tech magazine. The term techcitement is defined by the feeling that comes over you when discovering new (or even old and unfamiliar) tech. Techcitement also relates to the idea of any use of technology that proves to be interesting, from politics to social media to fitness. If a story excites us, we want to share it with you. [I co-own this and act as EIC of this, so check it out.]

LOL!

Jersey City
    12 Miles from Manhattan

Cause the only place people know in the US are Manhattan, NYC and LA, Cali.

I dont know what page order is this but they sure as hell front loaded the whole, " THIS CHARACTER IS MUSLIM!" thing.
    They could have spaced out some of a stuff a bit.

This looks to be loads of fun. I will definitely be giving it a chance.

And a hero from Jersey who operates there? Now in the MU THAT is a true minority :)
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Really like what I see so far. As someone who has family in New Jersey and who also writes Marvel fanfiction, I really can relate to Kamala. I'm glad Marvel is taking this chance, making a new Miss Marvel. And they didn't even have to kill the original or use a clone to make it happen. That alone makes this special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

Not completely sold on how this reads yet but I love love love the art.

I'm gonna love this so much. Everything i've seen thus far makes me feel that this is going to be a splendorous ride! So ready for this Kamala Khan gurl to take the entire MU by storm. In dire need of some fresh-faces and she's seemingly brimming with the sunshine i've been deprived of.

Youth will dominate.

Ya know what, I like the way this reads and the artwork is gorgeous. I think I'm giving this a shot.

I like that they're really trying to get you to know Kamala and her situation as quickly as possible. I just hope she's fully-powered well before page 20.

I think this book will be surprisingly fun for a lot of readers.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I've said it before but I love that this doesn't seem to be cynical at all. So many Marvel books are so dark and faux deep that it's starting to become much less fun to read comics. I still enjoy the Earth shattering Avengers epics but this feels more like old school Spider-Man. I really can't wait to check it out.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Two thoughts about this:
    1) I can already see that this book will be considered the best stuff that marvel published in decade. Both fandom and reviewers will love it
    2) It will be cancelled anyway after 12 issues :(

Also, the art is very disneyish. I don't mind it, though.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

No offense meant to anyone, but this story sounds like Jewish Muslims. It was funny. It should be a sitcom. I like Turkish characters in a comic, as we Australians have history with the Turks. (And Afghanis for that matter, you know, with the camels all over our outback).
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-30-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Not completely sold on how this reads yet but I love love love the art.
    Me as well. As I was reading this I was cringing the whole time, until I realized they were Turkish. Turkish Muslim is another society altogether.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    No offense meant to anyone, but this story sounds like Jewish Muslims. It was funny. It should be a sitcom. I like Turkish characters in a comic, as we Australians have history with the Turks. (And Afghanis for that matter, you know, with the camels all over our outback).

BBC should sue.