Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Thunderbolts, #22

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at THUNDERBOLTS #21 from the critically acclaimed creative team of Charles Soule and Carlo Barberi! The Thunderbolts have a problem - and her name is Mercy. Slaughtering innocent people to fulfill her own twisted mission. But how far are they willing to go to stop her? Ghost Rider has inadvertently pulled the Thunderbolts into the underworld. And they're about to come face-to-face with the big man himself - Mephisto! And he's got a solution to their Mercy problem - only it's going to cost them. Nothing good ever happens in the underworld. The Thunderbolts are pretty far from the side of angels, but would they make a deal with the devil? Find out when the blockbuster "No Mercy" arc continues in THUNDERBOLTS #22!

Full article here.

I love Charles Soule's writing and Carlo Barberi's art is fantastic!
    Thunderbolts, New Warriors, and Magneto.

Me thinks Deadpool signed some sort of clause into the Mephisto contract to give himself a wife, a parody of One More Day.

The way how everything went down in issue #21, and seeing the next cover for 22 (Red Hulk signing deal with Mephisto, but this happened in # 21) it looked like issue # 22s cover should have been issue 21s. Was there a mix up?

Possible, but not a big deal.

It'll be interesting to see this team dynamic once they get rid of Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Possible, but not a big deal.

It'll be interesting to see this team dynamic once they get rid of Mercy.
    I think itll give Flash Venom Thompson a buddy as Ghost Riders more of a straight up superhero, regardless what he looks like. Elektra & Frank are a niche, and strangely Red Hulk & Leader kinda are too. That leaves Deadpool, but hes entertaining enough on his own.

Fan-freakin-tastic.

Anyone else notice that this week's issue referred to Mephisto specifically as "The Devil"? And "Dealing With The Devil"?

Remember the Quesada defense, when those allegations were made regarding OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    Anyone else notice that this week's issue referred to Mephisto specifically as "The Devil"? And "Dealing With The Devil"?

Eh, the only specific reference made to Mephisto's being 'the' devil is Stern's making a deal with the devil line. I think it's purely figurative, a good time to use a well-worn colloquial phrase.

Blaze also mentions fighting devils, so there's an implication there is no one true satan.

That's if you want actually examine things for deeper meaning, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post

Way to overreact.

Carlo Barberi's art is not doing it for me. With Frank and Elektra getting their own solos I don't see this book long for my pull list.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Oddly I kinda prefer Palo's art, but I appreciate that everyone else doesn't. Now if we could just get at least one recurrent artist on this title...

Still not digging Elektra in this series

I like that Soule giving her a personality other than stoic. I will be interested to see what disconnect there will be in her between this title and in her solo, or if the writers will try and work together on how they're portraying the character.

Art looks a little like Paco Medina. That's not a bad thing at all.

As for whether Mephisto is the Devil or not, Kieron Gillen tabled that discussion for eternity in one of his issues of JIM.

I love the art, its really better than it was when the book first launched
    Buy The Punisher