Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Evans on Old-School Values, Modern Realities in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"

Chris Evans discusses Steve Rogers's continuing battle to adjust to the modern world -- and a new costume -- in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

Full article here.

A pretty well spoken and thoughtful guy. There are so many things that he 'gets' about his character that makes me excited for this movie.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

It's pretty rare that I would read an actor interview straight through without skimming. I can't imagine they could have cast better than Evans. I'm looking forward to him maturing in the role so that Avengers 2 and 3 etc we see Cap in a more commanding position, the strategist that folks look at and just think, "well of course he's the guy in charge".

Also, it's always a nice feeling when you sense the actors are enjoying making these movies you're looking forward to rather than picking up the giant check.

Quote Originally Posted by agitated_android View Post
    It's pretty rare that I would read an actor interview straight through without skimming. I can't imagine they could have cast better than Evans. I'm looking forward to him maturing in the role so that Avengers 2 and 3 etc we see Cap in a more commanding position, the strategist that folks look at and just think, "well of course he's the guy in charge".

Also, it's always a nice feeling when you sense the actors are enjoying making these movies you're looking forward to rather than picking up the giant check.
    Nice interview. Chris Evans as CA was the only thing I liked in the Avengers movie. I completely adored his old school masculinity and commitment to duty. And I can see why.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

This movie is going to be soooo great! Apr 4th can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy X View Post
    This movie is going to be soooo great! Apr 4th can't come soon enough.
    Seriously, that preview was fantastic. I thought it was really cool that playing Captain America has made him want to be a better role model for kids. USA! USA! USA!
    Marvel: Avengers, NA, DP, F4, FF, Hunger, Infinity, IM, Mighty A, UX-F, Venom
    Valiant: A&A, B+HC, Eternal, Harbinger, SM, X-O, Q+W
    DC: JL, JLD, JLA, Bw
    Image: Bedlam, Spawn
    Vertigo: Fables HC

Quote Originally Posted by DJfunkyPuddle View Post
    Seriously, that preview was fantastic. I thought it was really cool that playing Captain America has made him want to be a better role model for kids. USA! USA! USA!
    It's funny because you usually hear the opposite from celebrities. The cool thing is Evans wasn't trying to preach or sound noble, he just wanted to make sure he considered all the consequences of whatever decisions that his personal life could have when it came to impacting on his younger fans. That's totally classy and a little like something the actual Cap would do.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Really looking forward to this. CA was my least favorite of the first wave, but that had more to do with the pacing than anything. I think Evans is fantastic in the role, and the trailer looked awesome.

Really like how Chris Evans has handled Captain America. He's very different compared to the other comic characters he's played, namely Johnny Storm. Characters that are boy scouts may not get a lot of attention or praise because people tend to gravitate towards the anti-heroes these days. But I think the success of Captain America and Superman: Man of Steel shows that there is still a place for characters like that. Most of the first movie took place in the past where it was easy to convey the character in a certain light. Now Evans will have to portray that character in the modern era where hipsters and cynicism reign. In fact, I would argue the modern world needs Captain America more than ever right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Evans completely won me over with his Steve Rogers. I probably won't be picking up too many Captain America comic books, but I will watch any movies with Evans as Captain America. Everything that I think people consider to be great about Captain America, I think Evans brings to light in the movies.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Very nice piece. Evans was really a fantastic choice to play Rogers. I am so looking forward to seeing The Winter Soldier!
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

It's really great to hear people finally giving Evans the props he deserves. I think he fit his role as well as any other of the Avengers cast.

Also, how crazy is it that movie Cap is still a virgin?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Really like how Chris Evans has handled Captain America. He's very different compared to the other comic characters he's played, namely Johnny Storm. Characters that are boy scouts may not get a lot of attention or praise because people tend to gravitate towards the anti-heroes these days. But I think the success of Captain America and Superman: Man of Steel shows that there is still a place for characters like that. Most of the first movie took place in the past where it was easy to convey the character in a certain light. Now Evans will have to portray that character in the modern era where hipsters and cynicism reign. In fact, I would argue the modern world needs Captain America more than ever right now.
    The 'Boyscout' archetype as portrayed by Evans and Cavill in their respective movie can work, provided it's not done in cloying self-righteous goody-two shoes way. The thing that made me relate or empathise with Captain America and Superman (MOS) is that they saw their powers as a gift and wanted to use it to help others. That I can relate to as opposed to someone who does it to be admired or with some kind of air of condescension.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

What a great interview. I'm officially TOO excited about this movie now.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

Love Evans. Marvel did such a great job choosing their leads. I love that Evans doesn't brush it off like so many actors and pop stars do, not caring about what they mean to people and claiming to not want to be a role model, even though the very nature of what they do makes them one. He seems very mature about it. I love that Cap is such a character that he actually positively changes the worldview of the actor that plays him.