Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FANTASY DRAFT: Marvel's Hollywood-Ready Female Heroes

Marvel has a virtual pantheon of amazing female heroes ripe for for film and TV, and CBR picks which characters deserve the Hollywood treatment.

Full article here.

i like the idea of a captain marvel movie about carol danvers, but i don't like the idea of killing off mar-vell in the second act, that does a disservice to one of the most important and influential of marvel's cosmic heroes

I chose All of the above.

My choice for Dakota North GINA CARANO

or
    ELIZA DUSHKA

Last edited by RolandJP; 01-30-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Those are some solid ideas. Would love to see Elektra get another live-action shot.

I also wouldn't mind if the current incarnation of Thunderbolts got a movie/TV show

Yvonne Strahovski would be the PERFECT Carol Danvers. She already has plenty of experience playing secret agents, has a good amount of geek cred, is an amazing actress, and is someone who LOOKS like they can genuinely kick your ass while filling out that spandex.
    No Good Deed...: Check out my book!
    X-Men: New Class: A hypothetical Movie-Verse TV spinoff a'la Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Spider Woman's name is Jessica DREW.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

I would watch the heck out of a Sif-lead "Tales of Asgard" series. Oh please oh please.

The new Ms. Marvel's comic hasn't even come out yet, and she's already one of the top characters ready to be "drafted" for a TV show? Jumping the gun a bit there, aren't we?

Anyway, as for Captain Marvel, I still like Katee Sackhoff for the role.

It's kind of out of left-field, but I'd kinda like Elsa Bloodstone. I mean, if Hollywood's willing to throw money at crap like Van Helsing (twice, apparently), I, Frankenstein, and Hansel & Gretel.....an Elsa Bloodstone movie is do-able. And Gemma Arterton would be absolutely perfect for it.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Ms Marvel #1 isn't even out yet lol
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
    Spider Woman's name is Jessica DREW.
    Yes, and that's what they call her. They just want her to start on Jones' show :)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Ms Marvel #1 isn't even out yet lol
    ...and it'll be canceled by #12 (i'll be amazed if it makes it to #6). Not being mean, just look at the trends.

Otherwise, most of this list seems pretty on-point: I'd love to see Jessica Drew. (maybe introduce her in Agents of SHIELD??????)

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Yes, and that's what they call her. They just want her to start on Jones' show :)
    Oooooooooops!
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    Anyway, as for Captain Marvel, I still like Katee Sackhoff for the role.
    Meh. Sackhoff is overrated.
    No Good Deed...: Check out my book!
    X-Men: New Class: A hypothetical Movie-Verse TV spinoff a'la Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Is Spider-Woman really even tied with Sony, though? I mean, outside of the name, she really has very little to do with Spider-Man or his univere. Just her having Spider in her name sounds like a stupid reason to throw her into the Sony category. Like, if Marvel can't get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (who have major ties to the X-Men characters too), I really don't see why they wouldn't have Spider-Woman too.

Quote Originally Posted by percane View Post
    i like the idea of a captain marvel movie about carol danvers, but i don't like the idea of killing off mar-vell in the second act, that does a disservice to one of the most important and influential of marvel's cosmic heroes
    I don't like the idea of Carol not getting her movies until the final act. That would both be a waste of a movie and a disservice to her character. She should get them early on. Mar-veil's been dead for decades, many current comic fans and most of the GA don't really know/care who he is. Carol is much more important. You don't even really need him at all to do a Carol movie.