View Poll Results: How long will this line last?

Voters
23. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Forever: It will be a main focus of Dark Horse moving forward.

4 17.39%
  • 10+ years. This line will grow and do well for a long time.

4 17.39%
  • 3-5 years: It will stagger along and maintain for a while.

11 47.83%
  • 1 year or less: Dont get too attached, it aint gonna last.

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

With Star Wars gone this line will become Dark horses main priority with time meaning it's going nowhere and will be around for ever. These are picking up steam and fans are talking about the books, trust me this is here to stay!!

Star Wars made up six percent of their profits. Not a huge deal.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    I see this line of books evolving and getting stronger. I see Dark Horse sticking behind it and the books picking up steam as they go, and of DH is making moolah off the books than they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

They're sticking around guys, learn to love it
    I hope so as I am really loving it. Captain Midnight has become one of my favorite characters.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I voted 1 year, but its probably going to go on for 3-5 years. Well technically it can go on forever with Dark Horse releasing some new mini here and there.

Realistically speaking I just don't see it having an impact. Sure there are some cool characters in this new line, but overall its just hard to find any arguments for why its better than (or even as good as) Marvel/DC/Valiant superheroics asides of being "new".
    lots of dots

3-5 years sounds about right all together. Unfortunately, unless they can get some multi-media (ie TV or Movie) options out of them, it's doubtful they will be profitable enough for DH to continue them indefinitely.

DH has made its living off licensed properties, and with SW leaving they will definitely put their weight behind their superhero line for now in an attempt to make up that market share (6% is nothing to smear at btw), but I doubt they will invest long term unless they really take off.

Too bad, because I really like Brain Boy and Captain Midnight isn't bad either.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I honestly think people will be surprised in the end because I truly think Dark Horse may put some heavy resources into this line of books as they progress on. Give it time, they're barely promoted and yet they're garnering lots of discussion and attention and that's a good thing if you ask me.
    @BslyTheGamerGuy (Twitter)
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/17 Review of CONTRA for the NES is up!!

Brain Boy is great, as is Captain Midnight. Luckily more Brain Boy is on it's way with a new mini this spring and Captain Midnight will be around a good long time. This line is staying for good, DH loves it and so does its fans ans it's making money apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    3-5 years sounds about right all together. Unfortunately, unless they can get some multi-media (ie TV or Movie) options out of them, it's doubtful they will be profitable enough for DH to continue them indefinitely.

DH has made its living off licensed properties, and with SW leaving they will definitely put their weight behind their superhero line for now in an attempt to make up that market share (6% is nothing to smear at btw), but I doubt they will invest long term unless they really take off.

Too bad, because I really like Brain Boy and Captain Midnight isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorseHeroes View Post
    Brain Boy is great, as is Captain Midnight. Luckily more Brain Boy is on it's way with a new mini this spring and Captain Midnight will be around a good long time. This line is staying for good, DH loves it and so does its fans ans it's making money apparently.
    The miniseries model has worked well of for the Hellboy/BPRD universe, and I think that would work well for some of these titles too.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BSlyTheGamerGuy View Post
    I honestly think people will be surprised in the end because I truly think Dark Horse may put some heavy resources into this line of books as they progress on. Give it time, they're barely promoted and yet they're garnering lots of discussion and attention and that's a good thing if you ask me.
    DH should have been promoting the books since before launch. I gave them a shot and I am loosing interest. Captain Midnight is off my list. They need a heavy duty writer and artist to keep these books alive. I hit 3 shops every week and only one puts any out on the shelves and they don't sell real well. I wanted to like the book since I've given up on Marvel and DC is down to 5 books for me but I am just adding more image books mostly.

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

I believe the line could and will last for 20+ years or more if Dark Horse properly promoted the books and nabs some big time creative teams. The people will come if you do something to draw them in, especially those who are sick of the big two.
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I believe the line could and will last for 20+ years or more if Dark Horse properly promoted the books and nabs some big time creative teams. The people will come if you do something to draw them in, especially those who are sick of the big two.
    Ghost has a big time writer on it. I think starting this year they will promote it more. They seem to be doing more interviews and other stuff, so I hope they do promote it more.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I think they should have been promoting these books since the get-go, but instead they took a weird stance and lightly discussed them in interviews and such and quietly released them to the public. I think they've done better with lots of mentions for the line in interviews and such but they still hardly promote them on their Twitter and on Facebook, they really need to get the word out there and do more stories about these books with CBR and other major comic book news sites.

I think 2014 will be the year they start to heavily promote these books once Star Wars is gone, but either way if they're making some cash off these titles they aren't going to be going anywhere anytime soon.
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/17 Review of CONTRA for the NES is up!!

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

It's all about the money. If DH is making dough off these books than they will cont to do so.

If they need to they could switch to a miniseries format for the ongoing books and thrive there. Either way, don't expect these amazing titles to go away anytime soon.

I think this line will last a while since DH seems to be pushing it heavy as a part of their Year of the Horse campaign and since there sill be tons of promoting for the summer event.

If the company is making a profit off the books than I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere anytime soon, and since they own most of their heroes than I assume the cost to publish isn't that high.

Lets help to create the buzz for Dark Horse since they don't seem to be promoting the books hard enough on Twitter or FB. Go on either and alert them, if you use Twitter tweet at them using #DHcapes or #ProjectBlackSky and let them know we want to see them pushing these titles.