Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Tomb Raider, #1

Superstar writer Gail Simone picks up Lara Croft's story where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off-in a new ongoing comics series!
    Following the game acclaimed for its bold and sophisticated new vision, this series launches Lara Croft on the formative adventures that will change her life forever!

Full article here.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

I guess she got a breast reduction when she left the island.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

I'm excited about a new Tomb Raider comic book, But I really didn't liked the art. =(

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Biel View Post
    I'm excited about a new Tomb Raider comic book, But I really didn't liked the art. =(
    I'm giving it a shot at least for Simone.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Already on my pull list to try...from the preview I'm not disappointed so far

So excited for this! Gail hasn't let me down yet. :3

Oh man, I wish Dark Horse was signed up to comixology, I have no problems with an extra app but as someone who lives in UK I get a 1 ($1.64) bank charge for a US transaction through it meaning another Dark Horse comic I'll be skipping. Just add paypal and I'll be able to support them.

/end moan.

This sounds good!

Loved the Tomb Raider game. It was one of the best games I've played in years and gave me a whole new set of reasons to love Lara Croft. I'm very excited to see what Gail Simone does with Lara in the aftermath of the game. And if it really does fall in line with the events of the next game, then I simply must read it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Not a fan of Tomb Raider games but will give this a go due to Gail Simone.

Wow. That is one GIGANTIC P-38.
    No Good Deed...: Check out my book!
    X-Men: New Class: A hypothetical Movie-Verse TV spinoff a'la Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    I'm giving it a shot at least for Simone.
    She did a fantastic job with Leaving Megalopolis so I agree with you on giving her a shot. I do wonder if this is worth picking up because it's picking up where the game left off. I heard great things about said game but haven't played it and such adaptations don't tend to be good, imo. I might check out the first issue and if I like it, get the inevitable trade.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    I guess she got a breast reduction when she left the island.
    Well said. I know this is always a taboo and messy topic, but I do think this is too bad. We're in a strange place of body shame and cultural weirdness where breasts are considered more "sexualized" depending on their size, especially in the kind of prudish US comics scene. But the thing is, B-cups are no more or less sexual than D-cups, and it's all personal taste anyway.

I look at this artistic choice as a very superficial and misguided way for them to try and downplay the "sexy vixen" roots of her character. But oddly enough that choice is the most shallow of all, because it implies a person's body proportions determines who they are.

Long story short, the backlash against very normal human anatomy that this kind of thing represents kind of disturbs me. There's nothing inherently "naughty" about breasts no matter what size they are.

I like the games and will play the next one, but oddly enough this cowardice does weigh into why I'll be skipping this comic, as silly as that may seem. It is in it's own way bigotry against people with certain body types. I've read from busty actresses that they can't get some roles because people say their breasts are a "distraction", stuff like that. It's kind of repugnant, honestly.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-02-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

Yeah nobody actually had that body type in real life though.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I loved the Tomb Raider reboot, love Gail Simone, there's no reason for me not to give this a shot :)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Yeah nobody actually had that body type in real life though.
    If you're talking about the cartoony style of the old games, yes. If you're talking about in shape women naturally being busty, that actually does happen in real life.

Just more body issues puritanical culture nonsense from these corporations, product designed by committee. We'll only be seeing one or two body types in comics that are "serious", and curvy and busty apparently will not be one of them, they're too afraid of catching some scrutiny, but people do come in all shapes and sizes. I find the trend of what they're doing here to be transparent and silly, but that's just my take.

The "boobs are bad" mentality is one of the most offputting things about the comics scene to me. The presentation is what makes something cheesecakey or Liefeldian or whatnot, not the breast size.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-02-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    DROKK IT!!