Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Fantastic Four, #1

Cosmic explorers - heroes forever united as family. The world's greatest comic magazine begins anew as Marvel's First Family bursts back into the spotlight in FANTASTIC FOUR #1, from Eisner Award winning writer James Robinson (Starman, All-New Invaders) and critically acclaimed artist Leonard Kirk (Supergirl, Captain Britain and MI:13)!
    The brilliant Mr. Fantastic, the compassionate Invisible Woman, hot-headed Human Torch, and the ever-lovin' Thing return for a new ongoing series fraught with danger, excitement & intrigue. Only they won't be met with new beginnings - but an untimely end!

Full article here.

Opena's cover is awesome!
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

I followed Waid and 'Ringo's run and it was pretty cool. I tried Hickman's for a bit. It was interesting. I'm wondering what Robinson is bringing to Fantastic Four that hasn't been done before. Waid and 'Ringo had them meet their creator in bringing Ben back as The Thing. Is Robinson taking both Invaders and Fantastic Four on for crossover potential?

Other than the red costumes (why red costumes? why not?), this preview gives me no information I had before. Have they previously said anything more about what this run will entail?
    CBR Community Citizen of the Year 1992, 1993, 1995

Default Incredible

Interesting that a while after Disney bought Marvel the Fantastic Four are adopting The Incredibles costume colours (minus the little bit of yellow). Not that I mind.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by AirDave View Post
    Is Robinson taking both Invaders and Fantastic Four on for crossover potential?
    He said there would be one between the Invaders and the Future Foundation school, and that there'll be a sort-of "soft" crossover with the main team.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grendel View Post
    Other than the red costumes (why red costumes? why not?), this preview gives me no information I had before. Have they previously said anything more about what this run will entail?
    IIRC Robinson has stated his mission plan for the first few arcs (can't remember which sites but if you use your google fu you should find)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    He said there would be one between the Invaders and the Future Foundation school, and that there'll be a sort-of "soft" crossover with the main team.
    I did not know this, and now I want to buy Invaders.

I think the costumes are gorgeous. Definitely picking up the trade if reviews are good.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grendel View Post
    Other than the red costumes (why red costumes? why not?),
    heh...as someone pointed out, they look like the Incredibles
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I don't like this...why is Johnny Storm white?

Quote Originally Posted by darklighter1 View Post
    I don't like this...why is Johnny Storm white?
    LOL

I'll probably trade wait this
    Buy The Punisher

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and would have preferred they went back to the blue color scheme, could have kept the new design, but I think the blue would have looked better. But I am at least interested I will give the book a few issues.

I like the new suit design and having it in red is kinda cool, I don't mind it.