Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What I'm trying to say is Tony, or anyone else, doesn't have to be the best at everything to be a great character. I've always liked Iron Man more than I like T'Challa, but that doesn't mean I feel Tony should be better than T'challa at, whatever it might be, I just like him more. That's all I was trying to say.

Pym has been in how many issues of Avengers? Compared to Panther? It took however long, and however many issues of history to get Hank to that point. That's all my other point was. I honestly don't know where to put Hank on this list. Isn't Banner also supposed to be up with these guys?
    I don't think anyone is saying that Stark or T'Challa are the best at everything, so honestly I'm not sure where that came from. Obviously neither are the best scientist if everyone in this thread is universally saying Reed is smarter.

And Banner is up there, though he's severely lacking in the tech feats compared to most of his peers.

No, I was originally just making a general statement about this type of argument and people's personal preferences coming into play, and popular characters vs less popular ones. I think my point just got foggy along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    ad hominen attacks? I should report you.
    If there was anything you could report, you would have already.

Silver Age is over.
    LOL! And the Golden Age is looooong over, yet YOU are posting scans from that era.

Namor is not a polymath. it's not even remedial math. you made the claim that he had outsmarted all of the Illuminati. show your work. all you've shown me so far is that there a bunch of smart Atlanteans covering for their man-child king. since just before Dark Reign, Namor's been the Justin Bieber of the seas. not one showing of intelligence or strategy. both emma frost and magneto manipulated him shortly after that.
    The only thing I've shown you is Namor's lab, which Magneto (allegedly a genius himself) was envious of. But I'm not surprised you are making up stuff, cherry picking, and using double standards.

so I'm at a loss at what you're using as evidence of his intelligence. sleeping with some ugly fish woman? Eric O'Grady uses tactics like that. and if I were really trolling Namor, I'd mention that backstabbing coward bowing down to one of Thanos' underlings.
    You're at a loss, because, as I've already pointed out, you are ignorant of the character and are engaging in petty trolling... again. No use feeding the troll, though I do admit it's funny seeing you coming up with ways to not count Namor's continuity. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicAvenger500 View Post
    out of Namor, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, T'Challa, Tony Stark, Hank Mccoy, Doctor Strange
    What does it matter? Especially when you have all of the Illuminati written as less than brilliant in an effort to boost Black Swan. Which also shows, that 'smartness' is simply a matter of who a writer wants to show off at a given point. Intelligence isn't some singular objective trait you can measure with a number -- yes, not even with IQs. Some of the dumbest people I've met have large IQs.

Honestly, this is a battle board question, as evidenced by folks talking about feats.
    Last edited by Rheged; 02-05-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Namor was Marvel's original inventor / polymath / hidden science king.
    I have to say I've read alot of Namor books as I am a fan of the character, but how is he a polymath?! Just asking.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that Stark or T'Challa are the best at everything, so honestly I'm not sure where that came from. Obviously neither are the best scientist if everyone in this thread is universally saying Reed is smarter.

And Banner is up there, though he's severely lacking in the tech feats compared to most of his peers.
    Didn't Banner build a teleporter? That has to account for something.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    I have to say I've read alot of Namor books as I am a fan of the character, but how is he a polymath?! Just asking.
    Back in the day but come on Rheged sure Namor is not dumb, he is quite clever when he wants to be but he is not A polymath anymore. It got retconned
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

What does it matter? Especially when you have all of the Illuminati written as less than brilliant in an effort to boost Black Swan. Which also shows, that 'smartness' is simply a matter of who a writer wants to show off at a given point. Intelligence isn't some singular objective trait you can measure with a number -- yes, not even with IQs. Some of the dumbest people I've met have large IQs.

Honestly, this is a battle board question, as evidenced by folks talking about feats.

Namor's feets are attached to the dumbest member of the illuminati. and that's saying something when you consider that one of the members is actually speechless.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

There is no real world comparison for any of them and all of the MU super-geniuses are plot device smart. Given that, it is difficult to even have an idea of how they would be ranked fairly.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I don't really think the Illuminati's intelligence is being downplayed or sacrificed in favour of Black Swan. The whole point of her character is that she knows more than the Illuminati, not that she's more intelligent, and that the arrogant, self-important men of the Illuminati have no bow to her superior knowledge.

Namor's feets are attached to the dumbest member of the illuminati. and that's saying something when you consider that one of the members is actually speechless.
    ouch

10char
    Buy The Punisher

so pretty much no one is on Reed's level

Before you attack Namor too much, remember this: He's the only member who was smart enough to know that sending Hulk into space was a dumb-ass idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicAvenger500 View Post
    so pretty much no one is on Reed's level
    Reeds definately the smartest guy in the room.