Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Russo Brothers Reportedly Expected Back for "Captain America 3"

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is still a couple of months away, but a report says Marvel Studios is already making plans for a third film.

Full article here.

I think I read somewhere (CBR maybe?) that Chris Evans was signed on for at least nine films. That could be three Avengers films and three Captain America films and three cross-over cameos. He was in Thor 2. So, I would imagine that there is a Captain America 3 coming. There are only two questions 1) When? and B) What story will it tell? This is the second confident endorsement of the film.

I want to see the story of John Walker and Anti-Cap merged. Have him be a black-ops Cap who was given a version of the super-soldier serum and trained in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. The ‘super-sailor’ (employed by the Pentagon, not SHIELD) is sent on various missions of a secret nature over the years, pre-dating movie Cap’s discovery and revival. Perhaps a controversial foreign leader is accidentally (purposely?) killed in one of his recent missions, and amateur video footage shows “Captain America” behind it all.

I hope all of this positive commentary about this movie so far doesn't set me up for a big disappointment.

Hopefully we'll hear more about Sharon Carter in Cap 3 than we have about her in the run up to Cap 2.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Guess they can join the exclusive Favreau and Whedon club.

Can't wait to see this film.
    NEVER TRUST A FOX!!!

It's because early reports suggest that this movie is a sure fire hit!
    And marvel feels the same

So far, I'm pretty optimistic about Winter Soldier. I'm trying very hard to keep my expectations in check after Thor 2. Everything about the trailer and tone of the movie looks pretty good.

It's weird, because people were questioning the decision of the Russo brothers, since their only feature film work seemed to be "You, Me & Dupree". While I wouldn't say that I was in the same boat as those that were really criticizing the decision, I can't say with all honesty that I thought it was brilliant decision, either.

I really hope they knock it out of the park.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdockery7 View Post
    It's because early reports suggest that this movie is a sure fire hit!
    And marvel feels the same
    The trailer was the best Marvel movie trailer I've seen and I'm hoping the movies is great but we have to remember that Green Lantern also received high praise from test screenings and had commendable pre-release buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Hopefully we'll hear more about Sharon Carter in Cap 3 than we have about her in the run up to Cap 2.
    Hopefully. She's been rather downplayed in the marketing so far.

Funny, given how everyone was originally freaking out because they replaced Johnson with a couple of TV guys.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Funny, given how everyone was originally freaking out because they replaced Johnson with a couple of TV guys.
    I never got that either. Most of the directors so far have been out of left field choices and with a few exceptions, worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    I never got that either. Most of the directors so far have been out of left field choices and with a few exceptions, worked out well.
    While there have been left-field choices, not all of them have been all that far from left-field. Kenneth Branagh had a long history with Shakespearean (read: operatic) movies, Joe Johnson had the Rocketeer, Favreau had Zathura. I'd have to say the biggest risk Marvel Studios took with their film had to be Joss Whedon for Avengers. Let's be honest, though...it would take a colossal brain-fart for Whedon to mess up the Avengers, where a cinematic iceberg would be needed to sink that titanic.

Given the one film the Russos had under their belt, it was a big question mark. I hope I can say after April 4th that Kevin Feige has proven once again that he knows exactly what he's doing.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

I'll reserve final judgement about this AFTER I see CA:TWS.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    None of them have really been left field...besides the Russo Brothers. Jon Favreau had done a few good movies before Iron Man, had a big hit, and had just come off a movie with lots of FX. Kenneth Branagh is a good director, his movies are all visually interesting, and he does all those Shakespeare movies. Joe Johnston fucking did the The Rocketeer. Shane Black has been writing action movies since the '80s, and his first movie as a director was one of the best of 05. Alan Taylor has done good movies before, and was just coming off Game of Thrones. James Gunn, see Slither and Super. Edgar Wright is fucking Edgar Wright. But the Russo Brothers? They've done some shitty movies, they're comedy TV guys, and the one action thing they did in Community was a Wanted parody. I don't know, I see that paintball episode, and I go get Timur Bekmambetov to do my big action movie.