Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Duggan's "The Gauntlet" Introduces the Future Mrs. "Deadpool"

Gerry Duggan speaks exclusively with CBR about the future Mrs. Wade Wilson and the role she'll play in Deadpool's life.

Full article here.

As someone who's not reading the Infinite Comic, I'm a bit disappointed that this is the route they chose to go to introduce the bride.

Of course, it probably wouldn't have made much a difference to new readers (like myself) if he suddenly marries one of his old flings out of the blue.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Huh. So it sounds like Deadpool is marrying into the family of Lilith, Mother of Demons.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I am not a fan of Deadpool...never read a single book...but I do love that Shiklah-girl. She's HAWTT!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    As someone who's not reading the Infinite Comic, I'm a bit disappointed that this is the route they chose to go to introduce the bride.
    Agreed. They're making it seem much more important to the ongoing than they let on. I have no desire to read digit comics. Oh well.

I guess this would count as the X-men's new power couple. I think they sort of need one. Storm and Black Panther have had their marriage annulled. Cyclops and Emma have broken up. There needs to be some development on the romance front and why not from Deadpool? Even crazy mercenaries need a little loving.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agreed. They're making it seem much more important to the ongoing than they let on. I have no desire to read digit comics. Oh well.
    I already buy my comics digitally, but I don't like that it costs $39 just to get this digital comic which is going to have a major impact on the ongoing. If DC can sell their digital books at $1-2 why can't Marvel?

And consider that Marvel publishes approximately 16 issues of Deadpool annually. That's $90 just to get the whole story.

That said, I hope Brown gets an upcoming arc on the regular ongoing, because his art looks great.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 01-28-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I wouldn't mind reading it if i had something applicable to read it on...

dracula? a succubus?

what a revolting turn of events
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Wait, if deadpool marries the queen of the undead or monsters(which is she?) wouldn't that make him king?

Also, if Blade doesn't want a Dracula and Shiklah wedding and she likes deadpool is blade going to try to play matchmaker. Wonder if he will show up in his... Other outfit(trying to avoid certain spoilers)?
    Last edited by Sifighter; 01-28-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Agreed. Don't like what they are doing here at all... "hey, lets make this tie into a very important event of the ongoing and force people to buy 13 digital issues for $39... " Well, guess most people will be missing out, bc I havent spoken to one person yet who prefers this infinite crap. Half of the fun of comics are being able to collect them after you've enjoyed them. You can share them with friends or even hand them down.. To try and justify them by saying they "flow" in a certain way on the app is crap too. Every digital comic you read on comixology flows and moves how they want the eye to follow.. I dont view this infinite business as anything more than a gimmick... If they had put this to print, even at $4 an issue, I wouldve bought all 13.. giving marvel $52 of my dollars as opposed to $39.. so I just don't get it.. anyway.. all this ranting aside, I love Brown's deadpool in Cable and Deadpool and this.. (picked up the free #1 in print)..even have a signed deadpool d^*k in a box print of his. I hope to see him drawing some more deadpool in the future.. as for this digital stuff.. eff it. Guess all my deadpool single issues will be sharing their home with the lone Gauntlet TPB if its released...

I think the Infinite comics are pretty cool innovations and I'm glad they're giving Deadpool one for more readers to have access to, I just don't read digital comics. I don't own a tablet or anything. If I want to read, I'll pick up a book.

That said, I have no doubts that Brian and Gerry will do a fine job explaining who his wife is in the ongoing. i just wish that's where we could have met her first.

I trust them enough to like where this is going. I think we should wait until events play out to make judgements. Things aren't always as they initially appear with Deadpool.

On the Blade question, y'know, I don't think they have been in the same issue together as such. It's conceivable they've met off panel though. They kind of run in the same circles.

I think the Infinite comics are pretty cool innovations and I'm glad they're giving Deadpool one for more readers to have access to, I just don't read digital comics. I don't own a tablet or anything. If I want to read, I'll pick up a book.

That said, I have no doubts that Brian and Gerry will do a fine job explaining who his wife is in the ongoing. i just wish that's where we could have met her first.
    When you put it that way.. its more tolerable.. haha I'm still not buying them, but I see what you mean. Agree wouldve been nice to have the reveal in the ongoing though.. I think Brian and Gerry are doing a great job with the ongoing so far.. havent heard one complaint from DP fans so far.. and that Good,Bad,Ugly arc definitely could convert any non DP fan to a believer.

It was probably a mandate- make a Deadpool Infinite comic, and make it 'relevant'. Personally, I think 'relevance' as it's understood in comics today is overrated.