Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Empire Covers Reveal "Days of Future Past" Quicksilver & More

Empire Magazine has released a selection of character cover images from "X-Men: Days of Future Past" including Evan Peters as Quicksilver.

Full article here.

Re shoot the shit with Evan Peters, do it NOW, because if that cover is any indication it looks cheap as shit, just plain amateurish, and in general: fucking stupid.
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

What the fuck. Pardon my language but Quicksilver looks fucking stupid!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Agreed quick silver looks terrible!

Quicksilver looks pretty bad. I hope Marvel's version is better.

They just made him look so terrible. I hope it isn't to boycott the MCU's version........
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Really excited for this movie. Looks like the Sentinels are either large vacuum cleaners or air conditioning vents from cars. So in a couple of ways their design both sucks and blows :) Toad and Magneto both look great, though. Quicksilver reminds me a bit of Impulse when he first appeared, with a utility built thrown in. Not sure about his look, and interested to see how Marvel Studios' Quicksilver will look for Avengers (I'm guessing his costume will be closer to the comics). I'm really hoping we see a full-on, proper Ice Man and Colossus in all their glory in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Quicksilver looks pretty bad. I hope Marvel's version is better.
    Couldn't get any worse... this is on the level of really shitty cosplay.

Let's give our speedster plenty of cluncky material around him, shit that makes no sense whatsoever. Let's give him ill-fitting goggles. Let's give him a sperm-stained pair of jeans, and grandma's hair dye.
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

This just does not look good. And Quicksilver just looks terrible. They couldnt even get his hair right.

Dear lord that is a shoddy Pietro. What a blessing that we know we get a second chance with him over in the MCU.

On a more positive note I do love young Magneto's costume, it looks really well made. Beast is also looking badass, and the Sentinel design is not entirely faithful but still looks impressive. Kinda meh with Toad and Havok is as bland as ever - seriously, how does he tie with Scott now? Is Summers a dirty word to FOX? I still seriously worry this film is going to have a Last Stand issue of there just being so many mutants, yet we know that Logan, Charles, Erik and Raven will be 80% of the focus. Incidently Erik still seems seriously young to have a teenaged son, since we know Pietro is one of the 70's crew.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Dear lord that is a shoddy Pietro. What a blessing that we know we get a second chance with him over in the MCU.

On a more positive note I do love young Magneto's costume, it looks really well made. Beast is also looking badass, and the Sentinel design is not entirely faithful but still looks impressive. Kinda meh with Toad and Havok is as bland as ever - seriously, how does he tie with Scott now? Is Summers a dirty word to FOX? I still seriously worry this film is going to have a Last Stand issue of there just being so many mutants, yet we know that Logan, Charles, Erik and Raven will be 80% of the focus. Incidently Erik still seems seriously young to have a teenaged son, since we know Pietro is one of the 70's crew.
    VERY good point.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Probably aren't related.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Yeah, I know what you mean, seeing as Wanda and Pietro are usually Eriks' son and daughter - at least after that origin was revealed. Not so sure about the way it was in Ultimate X-Men, father wise, but they were definitely siblings, anyway. I'd say Ian McKellens' Magneto would've been old enough to have had them both, but I agree about Fassbender being a bit young - at least, for Quicksilver to be the age he is in this.

But, I would posit this explanation - something to do with time travel, accelerated growth, or science tampering with the mutant gene, perhaps. Maybe even the future they want to avoid, so it's a sort of Cable-Cyclops situation.

Truth be told Mags should be in his early 40's by 73 since he was about 11, 12 in 1944? So if we assume Pietro is about 16 Erik would have been in his mid twenties, so not impossible, but he doesn't really look that old, but of course we know in the comics that's never stopped him.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Probably aren't related.
    I think a lot of fans would be ticked if that were true, not using the defining characteristic that FOX ARE allowed to use.