Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl '94 View Post
    I am too hot for a troll

Sorry my command of the english language is not strong enough to engage in long discussions as you would like me to.

I wish you could see in my mind and you would know why I don't like Hawkeye in his own book. To me, who started reading old books of my father's long before current stuff Hawkeye has always been a "zero" character, almost down to the level that "Swordsman" was treated in my opinion. It just burns me that a character like that can have his own book when so many other characters from the Avengers (Vision for example) should of had their own ongoing series years before Hawkeye got one. This again is just my opinion. I can't and don't have time to put down everything I don't like about CLint Barton.... Sorry.

Good news is though, I love him compared to my feelings for Aquadork

Have you ever even read the Hawkeye series? It's very good and gets a lot of praise by reviewers and fans. That alone is enough reason for it to be it's own book. Stop thinking character first, and start thinking creator first. It'll open you mind up more.

You're coming off very naive. It's basically why people are getting on your opinion the way that they are.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 01-31-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Hawkeye wasn't an original Avenger, he didn't come around til later issues...I don't see your point in copying that thread lol

Lots of characters deserve their own book who didn't originate in their own book; like:

Batman
    Superman
    Silver Surfer
    Black Panther
    and so on and so on
    Silver Surfer. He was a villain first!!!!! He can't have a book! Blasphemyyyy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Silver Surfer. He was a villain first!!!!! He can't have a book! Blasphemyyyy!!!!!!
    He was a good guy who was forced to do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    He was a good guy who was forced to do bad things.
    Still!?!! Yaaaargh.

This and the post you quoted were satire.

Hawkeye wasn't an original Avenger, he didn't come around til later issues...
    Uh, yeah, issue #16 to be precise, a little over a year after the book premiered. He's been an Avenger for almost 50 years now. LOL!
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Uh, yeah, issue #16 to be precise, a little over a year after the book premiered. He's been an Avenger for almost 50 years now. LOL!
    Tsk ! he should retire !!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Have you ever even read the Hawkeye series? It's very good and gets a lot of praise by reviewers and fans. That alone is enough reason for it to be it's own book.
    But Marvel can't keep it on anywhere close to a monthly schedule . . . and they can't even count right! Issue #16 has been released before issue #15!
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/...re-hawkeye-15/
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But Marvel can't keep it on anywhere close to a monthly schedule . . . and they can't even count right! Issue #16 has been released before issue #15!
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/...re-hawkeye-15/
    I thought this was weird, too, but the book is so good I don't give a crap!

Hawkeye wasn't an original Avenger, he didn't come around til later issues...I don't see your point in copying that thread lol

Lots of characters deserve their own book who didn't originate in their own book; like:

Batman
    Superman
    Silver Surfer
    Black Panther
    and so on and so on
    If you don't think Hawkeye deserves his own book than you obviously haven't read Hawkeye.

I don't have to like Hawkeye and I don't have to think he rate's his own book. See me in a couple of years when his book has gone PooF, then we can talk some more
    It will go Poof when Matt Fraction wants it to go Poof. He has said already he has an ending in mind he is leading up too. It won't go Poof because of lack of sales that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by edge007 View Post
    If there's a hook to a new book I generally give the first couple issues a good flip through. Usually that hook is either character, concept, or creator (sometimes all three). With the Big Two, I definitely have to have all three (right now I'm getting Batman, Green Arrow, Batman '66, Batman B&W, Hawkeye and Black Widow. I take bigger chances with independent publishers. While I've always been a big fan of Ed Brubaker, I've never been completely sold on everything he's done, but with his latest book Velvet, the execution of concept and character was magnificent and I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the first issue of Deadly Class.

I've never been sold on Batwing as a solo title and really don't care for the current direction of Catwoman, but I just sorta figure I'm not their target audience and just leave it where it is without giving any more thought to it than that.
    Velvet, Black Widow and Deadly Class are titles I want to check out in trade for sure. They look really good.

just to clarify, I am naive

Sorry to stir the Hawkeye pot on the Batman section. WOn't happen again
    ~Mantis Girl '94
    But my friends call me "Go Go"

SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to clarify, I am naive

Sorry to stir the Hawkeye pot on the Batman section. WOn't happen again
    Clearly you need to be spanked (i volunteer)