Default What happened to Where is Jake Ellis?

Are issues 4 and 5 ever coming out? Can't find any info about what happened to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtm07 View Post
    Are issues 4 and 5 ever coming out? Can't find any info about what happened to the series.
    I asked this a while back and got no responses. Edmondson is writing Black Widow now so maybe Jake fell off the radar.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

I haven't heard anything about any release dates yet, but it's still happening. Tonci Zonjic's still working on it.

Powered By Gravity Skyjumpermike's Avatar

It's a marketing strategy tied to the title of the comic. Everyone is now literally wondering out loud, "where is Jake Ellis ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjumpermike View Post
    It's a marketing strategy tied to the title of the comic. Everyone is now literally wondering out loud, "where is Jake Ellis ?"
    Very clever. Maybe "Sex Criminals" should attempt the same strategy.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I asked this a while back and got no responses. Edmondson is writing Black Widow now so maybe Jake fell off the radar.
    Along with his last book which is also unfinished , A 6 part Mini-Series The Dream Merchant, Issue 3 came out July 2013 still waiting on Issues 4-6, no information that I could find just TBD, no apology to people who bought the first three, no explanation given.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac Shade View Post
    Along with his last book which is also unfinished , A 6 part Mini-Series The Dream Merchant, Issue 3 came out July 2013 still waiting on Issues 4-6, no information that I could find just TBD, no apology to people who bought the first three, no explanation given.
    Well, that's certainly not encouraging. Thanks for letting us know.

The Problem with Image comics for creators is this.... You get paid about 3 months after the comics published. So sometimes artists have to get upfront paying gigs inbetween. (I'm not saying that is the case here, but its sometimes the issue).

anyway; from what Nathan Edmondson said a few days ago in response to this tweet from someone: "Any answer to: 'Where Is Jake Ellis?'" and the response was "ask the artist. :)" followed by "although I can tell you the next issue is mostly done and in my hands."

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

And this is why I am always hesitant to read Image. You find a series you like and then something like this happens.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nolan View Post
    The Problem with Image comics for creators is this.... You get paid about 3 months after the comics published. So sometimes artists have to get upfront paying gigs inbetween. (I'm not saying that is the case here, but its sometimes the issue).

anyway; from what Nathan Edmondson said a few days ago in response to this tweet from someone: "Any answer to: 'Where Is Jake Ellis?'" and the response was "ask the artist. :)" followed by "although I can tell you the next issue is mostly done and in my hands."
    I asked Edmondson a while back about the series in an e-mail, and he said the same thing: "ask the artist." I don't remember if there was a smiley or not, however. It seems like all his books are delayed -- THE ACTIVITY and THE DREAM MERCHANT (as mentioned here), in addition to JAKE ELLIS. This is why I have not read the books yet. I'm waiting for the series to end before I do so. In the meantime, I doubt I'll be picking up anything of his anytime soon. My time and money will go elsewhere.