Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silent_bomber View Post
    6% Marvel UK
    Okay, you've got my attention now.

I consider myself reasonably well-read when it comes to classic comics, but all I know about Marvel UK specific properties is the original Captain Britain run and the extended Planet of the Apes comic. I absolutely cannot wait to see what's on your list.

test test test test

LAST MINUTE RULE CHANGE

Chris N called it all along. I should have put aside my usual optimism and listened. If you're going to provide 1-2 paragraphs of description for each entry, the post length limit of CBR is never going to allow us to list 25 entries in one thread. Thus, a slight change in proceedings:

We will now post ten entries every three days.

Friday, 2/28 (tomorrow): #100-91
    Monday, 3/3: #90-81
    Thursday, 3/6: #80-71
    Sunday, 3/9: #70-61
    Wednesday, 3/12: #60-51
    Saturday, 3/15: #50-41
    Tuesday, 3/18: #40-31
    Friday, 3/21: #30-21
    Monday, 3/24: #20-11
    Thursday, 3/27: #10-1

That's right. March just became

CLASSIC COMIC MONTH!!

Hope this sits well with everyone. Gives you more time to think, rank, and write, I hope!
    Last edited by shaxper; 02-27-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    LAST MINUTE RULE CHANGE

Chris N called it all along. I should have put aside my usual optimism and listened. If you're going to provide 1-2 paragraphs of description for each entry, the post length limit of CBR is never going to allow us to list 25 entries in one thread. Thus, a slight change in proceedings:

We will now post ten entries every three days.

Friday, 2/28 (tomorrow): #100-91
    Monday, 3/3: #90-81
    Thursday, 3/6: #80-71
    Sunday, 3/9: #70-61
    Wednesday, 3/12: #60-51
    Saturday, 3/15: #50-41
    Tuesday, 3/18: #40-31
    Friday, 3/21: #30-21
    Monday, 3/24: #20-11
    Thursday, 3/27: #10-1

That's right. March just became

CLASSIC COMIC MONTH!!

Hope this sits well with everyone. Gives you more time to think, rank, and write, I hope!

Giant-Size Classic Comics!

I'm down with this. I just hope you're up at midnight Eastern tonight to start the thread so I can post in it as soon as possible.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Giant-Size Classic Comics!
    That's the spirit!

I'm down with this. I just hope you're up at midnight Eastern tonight to start the thread so I can post in it as soon as possible.
    Probably around 6:30am EST, actually. I'm not a fan of waiting, either

Rule change!?!?!

*Tears out hair and starts from scratch*
    formerly coke & comics

Sleepwalker is Sandman done right. ~Tadhg

It's February 28th here...
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

So many of my comics are in storage that I don't think I can really do justice to a lot of stories if I try to rate more than the Top Twenty. But I'm really looking forward to ranking and evaluating the very best!

Today I went to the library and got a couple of highly ranked storylines that I've never read. I got the tpb for the O'Neil/Adams Ra's al Ghul stories. (I've read a few of these, but none of the early ones.) And I got Essential Avengers #4, which has the Kree-Skrull War. (It's black and white, unfortunately. I was flipping through it and GAWD, that Buscema (John and Sal), Adams, Palmer art is gorgeous! Just all of it!)

I also got The Greatest Wonder Woman Stories Ever Told and the Englehart/Rogers Batman: Dark Detective tpb.

I'm trying to decide which one to start tonight ...

I actually am altering my list for the rule change. I had planned on giving a ranked 75 +25 others, but that will fit awkwardly between days, so I'm going to do a ranked 80 +20 others.
    formerly coke & comics

OK. All set. 80 ranked comics. 20 unranked contenders. Another 45 honorable mentions I'll save for when shaxper asks us what our #101-200 favorite comics are. I'll be almost halfway there.

I mostly go for entire runs on longrunning titles, rather than particular stories. I wanted to have an entry that was "all of Avengers", but I broke it down a little more (Avengers is now 6 entries which collectively basically say "All of Avengers except for that story, that one, and that one") I made 7 Spider-Man entries, though I could probably do a few more.
    formerly coke & comics

I plan on participating ion some capacity, but I will most likely be late offering up my own lists. A few other things in real life took over priorities in February and I did nothing but brainstorm an initial list for this, so I am nowhere near ready to post anything for it, but I look forrward to reading and commenting on others' choices.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Now that the top 100 is in place, I can more confidently report my publisher breakdowns:
    Marvel: 43
    DC or Wildstorm: 28
    Other: 29

As far as creators, I see:
    Alan Moore: 8
    Stan Lee: 6
    Frank Miller, Kurt Busiek, Alex Ross, John Buscema: 5
    Ed Brubaker: 4
    Brian M. Bendis, J.M. Demateiss, Jim Starlin, Paul Dini, Peter Milligan, Steve Ditko: 3
    Carl Barks, Chris Ware, Dan Clowes, Harvey Kurtzman, Herge, Jack Cole, Joe Kubert, John Stanley, Robert Crumb, Will Eisner... : 0
    formerly coke & comics

Reminder:

Nominations end Tonight at midnight. Any list provided without explanations will not be counted. Similarly, any run listed without clear rationalization as to how it is a saga may be discounted at my discretion. Essentially, If I get why you included it, no problem. If I'm scratching my head in confusion because you didn't make it clear in your explanation, and I can't figure it out for myself without you, it won't be counted.

I'm not a stickler, and I have no intention of making this difficult for anyone. That's why I'm reminding you all of this now.

Partial lists will be allowed so long as you provide at least a complete #1-10 or #11-20. So, if you haven't yet chimed in, you've got 22 hours to do it

Eh, having trouble putting into words why I nominated a lot of stuff (then again my nominations range from the blindingly obvious to well, probably nobody else heard of them.) Still trying to give those last issues a decent write-up.

UPDATE

The official deadline for nominations closes at midnight Eastern Standard Time.

That being said, I know we have quite a few impassioned slackers who wanted to get nominations in and didn't. And, quite honestly, we could use more submissions.

I honestly don't know when I'll be doing the tallying this week (it's a VERY busy week for me), so I'm thinking if anyone can get their nominations in before I do the tallying, it's fair game. No hard deadline at this point. If you get it in tomorrow, it will probably still be counted. If you wait until Wednesday, no promises.

Fair enough?