Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jan 24, 2014

Axel Alonso discusses the remastered "Miracleman" #1, Chris Claremont and DnA's new Marvel projects, adopting a "season"-type format and more.

Full article here.

It's interesting how he talks about Miracleman being in print was so people didn't have to pay $500 for it on Ebay, and yet they charge $5.99 for the first issue with it being padded with a bunch of fluff. Sure, six bucks is less than five hundred, but it's still pricier than it should have been. Thanks, Marvel! Maybe I will read Miracleman someday, but it sure as hell won't be from your overpriced reprints.

Marvel gave Bendis' GOTG #1 30 variant covers to sell. Gimme a break.

Why is Cartman on the X-Men?

Uncanny X-men is quickly becoming one of my favorite Marvel Now titles, and a lot of that is due to Bachalo.

[/civilization mode]
    Axel, I really want to say that I am huge fan and really enjoy the direction that you have taken the Marvel Universe in your tenure as EiC. I think it's great that you take the time to do this every week and interact with the fans and answer their questions.

[/football mode]
    SCREW YOU, ALONSO! FIRST IT WAS "WAH, THE CROWDS'S TOO LOUD", AND NOW IT'S "WAH, THE REFS MADE QUESTIONABLE CALLS." F*@#ING FORTY-WHINERS. AND BEFORE YOU RAG ON RICHARD SHERMAN FOR POOR SPORTSMANSHIP, EXPLAIN ASSHAT CRABTREE'S HAND IN SHERMAN'S FACE WHEN SHERMAN EXTENDED HIS HAND TO HIM--IN THE NAME SPORTSMANSHIP!! WAH,WAH,WAH! F*#@ING FORTY-WHINERS!!

[/civilization mode]
    Again, thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule for these marvelous interactions with the fans. You rock!

GO 'HAWKS!
    Last edited by turtletrekker; 01-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    Cyclops was right.

I am pretty tired of Marvel and the renumbering as well as the lame artists on so many titles. I find a lot of their comics have a ton of filler and prolong the story unnecessarily. Bendis is a master at this and it is tough to tolerate most of his work.

Marvel is also very good at saturating the market when they get a winner. All in the pursuit of the mighty $.

Don't make mine Marvel!

Also, Go Hawks! Interesting to hear Ax whine about refs and Sherman. Does he even watch 9ers games? Their coach is the biggest a-hole in the league and much of the team follows in his footsteps. Cry some more, Ax! SEAHAWKS!

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Plus, in the case of “Deadpool: The Gauntlet,” the story is going to directly feed into April’s gi-normous Deadpool #27, so you’ll want to read the story as it happens. Especially next week’s issue #4.
    Anyone else think Deadpool might be marrying a vampire?
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

How about instead of putting "big #1's" on the covers, you do something along the lines of the Ultimate line of books and put the current story arcs name on the side of the cover, or like they did with a couple of the Marvel NOW! books, and put it on the bottom red line (still don't get why they just did it for a month and then stopped)? Only unlike the Ultimate titles, you also list which part of the arc the book is at; ex. Issue 54, Infinity Mitten: Part 2 of 7.

Put that somewhere on the cover, which lets the new reader (or the old reader who forgot which story takes place where) know "Hey, I need to start at issue 53 for the first part!" This gives us "triple digit numbered" comic book fans the opportunity to have our issue 100's+, while also establishing a place for new readers to start, makes things easier to keep track of, and if they get hooked, stay reading while also trying to collect the earlier issues.

But, I guess #1's just make too much money to consider such a thing, so something like this will probably be ignored. Shame.

The Axel Alonso comments here shed a lot of light on the DnA Situation...it would have been nice if we'd got this kind of response earlier as to why basically they were pulled from GOTG. Really I don't have much problem with the logic.

I loved DnA...the work in marvel cosmic was a beloved definitive run that will solidify both of them as 2 eternal cosmic gurus...but i did feel Nova began to stagnate a bit...also thought Annhilators was a little stale as well. My problem is always though that Keith Giffen and Andy Schmidt all to often are left out of the equation....and of course what was done with RIchard Rider, removing him from the equation of the future. (or so it seems)

Nice to see DnA or D and A (seperate) will be in marvel's future...

As I said toss a cosmic book their way....maybe Darkhawk or a Nova Corps book starring RIder. (How about a Cosmic team book with the unused diaspora of characters like Moondragon, Wraith, Bug, Cosmo, Mantis, Jack Flagg, Major Victory)?

I originally didn't order uncanny Xmen, because I didn't know who they'd be facing from S.H.I.E.L.D. I wish they could be a bit more specific with their blurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Anyone else think Deadpool might be marrying a vampire?
    No but, I have my guesses and I'm keeping them to myself so I don't look even more retarded on the forums. I want it to be a surprise but I doubt it will be.

I'm also not happy about the 6 dollar price tag for Amazing Spider-Man #1. Or the 10 dollar price tag for Deadpool #27. They keep this up and I won't be buying much of anything from Marvel in the future. I like comic books but I'm not so into them that I'm willing to throw more and more money at them. Axel needs to get his head and ass wired straight.
    Last edited by Pabst; 01-24-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Ermahgerd! Bertmern!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

It should be the story that takes precedence. Not chopping up the narrative into easily-digestible, ready for trade chunks and then murking the waters with odd renumbering and even odder decimal notations.

You're probably not gaining any sort of long-lasting comic fan if they're so easily entranced by a shiny and now-irrelevant #1 slapped on every other cover on the shelf at any given time. And with every title a mini at this point, you're making it easier for the casual reader to stay a casual reader.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 01-24-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    The Axel Alonso comments here shed a lot of light on the DnA Situation...it would have been nice if we'd got this kind of response earlier as to why basically they were pulled from GOTG. Really I don't have much problem with the logic.

I loved DnA...the work in marvel cosmic was a beloved definitive run that will solidify both of them as 2 eternal cosmic gurus...but i did feel Nova began to stagnate a bit...also thought Annhilators was a little stale as well. My problem is always though that Keith Giffen and Andy Schmidt all to often are left out of the equation....and of course what was done with RIchard Rider, removing him from the equation of the future. (or so it seems)

Nice to see DnA or D and A (seperate) will be in marvel's future...

As I said toss a cosmic book their way....maybe Darkhawk or a Nova Corps book starring RIder. (How about a Cosmic team book with the unused diaspora of characters like Moondragon, Wraith, Bug, Cosmo, Mantis, Jack Flagg, Major Victory)?
    I feel like if Dna got to continue they would of done some really cool stuff with Rider and Quill. I'm mean they did leave them with the Cosmic Cube, they could of used that to take the two on a cool buddy cop road trip/spirit journey to some new unexplored place in the Marvel Universe maybe explore more of the history of the Nova Corps or introduce the Master of Son into 616 they could of done anything with the two but. I would really like a Rhomann Dey Nova Corps book and yeah Dna where doing some awesome stuff with Darkhawk I hope Marvel will use him in the next big cosmic event.

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toboe View Post
    Why is Cartman on the X-Men?
    You didn't see the South Park episode where he reached puberty and his mutant powers manifested?