Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel's "Ant-Man" Steps In For "Man of Steel" Sequel in July 2015

Marvel has moved Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man" up to the now-unoccupied original release date of the "Man of Steel" sequel on July 17, 2015.

Full article here.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

great. now who is playing Janet Van Dyne?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

. Way to go Mr. Wright.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

they should change the title to Ant-Man of Steel, too.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Warner: Okay, we'll give you our Man of Steel 2 date if you give us May 6, 2016.
    Marvel: Deal!

Except Marvel hasn't moved it's May 2016 film yet.

That's honestly really depressing from DC's side.
    S.O.S. - Save Our Seals!

GOOD!

The spot was open season once MOS vs BM left, so I'm glad that Marvel snagged it before FOX could get cute with their crummy last minute reboot. Not that I think it would've been a match for Peter Pan anyway but if Antman is done right and given some type of cameo in Avengers 2 then it's all gravy...

Now let that crappy Fox reboot get demolished by Jurassic Park,that Pixar film and Ted 2. *Puts feet up*

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    GOOD!

The spot was open season once MOS vs BM left, so I'm glad that Marvel snagged it before FOX could get cute with their crummy last minute reboot. Not that I think it would've been a match for Peter Pan anyway but if Antman is done right and given some type of cameo in Avengers 2 then it's all gravy...

Now let that crappy Fox reboot get demolished by Jurassic Park,that Pixar film and Ted 2. *Puts feet up*
    It just isn't a Marvel movie thread without a "Young Thanos unnecessary dig at Fox" post.

It's like Marvel is trolling DC at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It just isn't a Marvel movie thread without a "Young Thanos unnecessary dig at Fox" post.
    Aw come on...LOL
    It was totally necessary.

What you don't think FOX wasn't plotting on that spot to? They need all the money they can get for that last minute train wreck before word of mouth pans it..

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Except Marvel hasn't moved it's May 2016 film yet.
    They haven't scheduled anything either and unless it's Avengers 3- I don't see a need to bother trying to fight Superman/Batman.

Iron Man 4? Not after seeing Iron Man 3. Thor 3? Not after Thor 2. A Hulk movie? No one really loved the other ones. Even Ant Man wouldn't really stand up to Superman and Batman, maybe based on star power but they moved it to 2015.

Cap 3 will depend on how Cap 2 does but Cap vs Superman would probably go to Superman.

Now I'm sure a Iron 4, Thor 3 and a Cap 3 would do well but I don't see them going up against Superman/Batman (with a little WW too)

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    Aw come on...LOL
    It was totally necessary.

What you don't think FOX wasn't plotting on that spot to? They need all the money they can get for that last minute train wreck before word of mouth pans it..
    Doesn't mean you need to bring them up in every thread about Marvel. We all get you don't like Fox's X-Men movies, but this is getting pretty tiresome.

Still not sold on why an Ant Man movie will be so great. I get that it has taken a while to get the movie going. And maybe it's because I'm not a huge Ant Man fan, but I don't see a whole lot of reasons to be really excited about this movie. It's definitely going to be different from the other Marvel movies. It'll have to be given Ant Man's background. I just don't see how it's going to be a huge deal, especially with Avengers 2 coming out in the same year.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Still not sold on why an Ant Man movie will be so great. I get that it has taken a while to get the movie going. And maybe it's because I'm not a huge Ant Man fan, but I don't see a whole lot of reasons to be really excited about this movie. It's definitely going to be different from the other Marvel movies. It'll have to be given Ant Man's background. I just don't see how it's going to be a huge deal, especially with Avengers 2 coming out in the same year.
    Because of the people making it.