Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Superior Spider-Man, #26

GOBLIN NATION PRELUDE
    • The stage is set for the biggest SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN story of them all!
    • And it starts here with a goblin fight like no other: The Green Goblin vs. The Original Hobgoblin!
    • Plus: That thing that happened at the end of #25... That thing that raised all of those questions... You don't have to wait any longer. You'll get your answers THIS ISSUE! Honest.

Full article here.

Aww. Why did the Spiderlings have to get hurt, too? :-(
    Otto Octavius IS a hero.

I read comic books not primarily for a lesson on morality but for the simple reason to be hopefully entertained.

OOOH juicy preview !

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Hmmm, an ensemble for pencils this ish, with Martin for the preview. Will Ramos be on the Goblin War panels? In the meantime…
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Interesting art, a little different than what I've seen on the title for a while but good.

Minor quibble, but would the Avengers be able to surprise SpOck like that, with his spider-sense? I know he's in the moment, and it's more of an art thing to have a splash page introducing the Avengers, but wouldn't SpOck perceive them as a threat of some kind or not?

EDIT: holy crap, I didn't even see that Marcos Martin was doing some art in this issue. Definitely have missed his work on the webhead.
    Last edited by Cheesedique; 01-23-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    Superman sucks. Batman rules. Spider-man's the best.

Powered By Gravity Skyjumpermike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Interesting art, a little different than what I've seen on the title for a while but good.

Minor quibble, but would the Avengers be able to surprise SpOck like that, with his spider-sense? I know he's in the moment, and it's more of an art thing to have a splash page introducing the Avengers, but wouldn't SpOck perceive them as a threat of some kind or not?

EDIT: holy crap, I didn't even see that Marcos Martin was doing some art in this issue. Definitely have missed his work on the webhead.
    They weren't attacking him and he was under the impression that he had them all fooled.

Spock knew they were coming, it's why he wasn't surprised when they did arrive. What he didn't expect was them making a mess and attacking his Spiderlings.

I think he was unsure why The Avengers were there. We don't have proof that he knew they were coming, as far as I know. The Spiderlings were all working for the Goblin, so it makes sense for them to be attacked...

I do feel sorry for those minions. They were legit after all. And I'm pretty sure there being traitors in SpOck's ranks doesn't mean that all of them are secretly working for the Goblin, else why scan the area for weaknesses to begin with.

Right now the Avengers are on to Otto. Since they didn't bought his story about the symbiote made him do it. As well as the tests being been erased. Not to mention the public has finally had it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Superior Commenter View Post
    I do feel sorry for those minions. They were legit after all. And I'm pretty sure there being traitors in SpOck's ranks doesn't mean that all of them are secretly working for the Goblin, else why scan the area for weaknesses to begin with.
    True, they are just guys who are trying to fight crime -- with the mayor's blessing, even.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Funny, I wonder if Ock still feels superior when he sees a few Avengers take out an AIM force that Ock needed an army of minions to fight -- and also take out Ock's army at the same time, for that matter.

On the other hand, why is Wolverine still here? UGH.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Wolverine is everywhere! Anyway, this is going to be a good episode and I think that being removed from active duty as an avenger is going to really push ock over the edge.
    Pulling: 18 Marvel, 10 DC. Top 5 Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Thor, New Avengers, Guardians, Ms. Marvel. Top 5 DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Wolverine is everywhere! Anyway, this is going to be a good episode and I think that being removed from active duty as an avenger is going to really push ock over the edge.
    Or instead of being pushed over the edge he just says "Thank you. Finally I'm free to do whatever I want and not have to worry about you losers messing up my work."

Honestly I think Spidey should leave the Avengers and form a smaller team. I don't know if it has been tried outside the amazing friends.
    But it worked well on the tv show I don't see why they wouldn't try something. It would make for some fun read, and could show new sides
    of Spidey.
    The lack of originality will always bother me