Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Mystery Character on Bagley's "Cataclysm" #4 Cover Revealed

The previously blacked-out character on Mark Bagley's "Cataclysm" #4 cover has been revealed, but may be the next one to die in Galactus' assault.

Full article here.

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

so yeah it's looking like Miles Morales And Friends are the new ultimate avengers basically with the older crew being killed off by galactus...not sure how I'm suppose to react to that
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    so yeah it's looking like Miles Morales And Friends are the new ultimate avengers basically with the older crew being killed off by galactus...not sure how I'm suppose to react to that
    By buying at least three copies!
    www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik.

Stop killing characters for god's sake! First Punisher, then Pixie and now Cap, it's like Ultimatum all over again!

Yep, this has basically been Ultimatum 2: Galactic Boogaloo. Joy. At the least, no one I care for has died yet, so that's good for me.

Let Jimmy Hudson die then the deaths can stop
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

So what if they kill him? 616 Cap is pretty much like Ultimate Cap anyway now. Isn't this what the Ultimate line should be for? Shouldn't this be the place where we can see stories that we know won't stick in the 616?

Watch Cap not die
    Buy The Punisher

I'm glad about this for some reason, just don't care about Ultimate Cap.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Is this really the best idea that they can come up with with the Ultimate U? We had Ultimatum and when they wanted to show us how innovative and for real the Ultimate U was they just killed a bunch of characters, there is more to telling an engaging story than killing people. I would be more impressed if instead of just killing characters Marvel writers would like marry some of them off or write interesting stories about that or have them grow old and pass the torch to a new generation that way and if a character is going to be killed off do it in a way that is a little less gimmicky. I get it is a new start but does that always signal the death of a character, i know dead is dead in the ultimate U and that should me make feel like these things matter more but sometimes it just feels like a gimmick so next time the Ultimate U sales drop a bit and things need to be shaken up we can expect like Iron Man or Maybe Sue Storm to die she looks to be getting some major face time now.
    Comics:

Quote Originally Posted by Crist_Freak View Post
    Stop killing characters for god's sake! First Punisher, then Pixie and now Cap, it's like Ultimatum all over again!
    Did you even read Ultimatum? There were at least six pointless deaths per issue in that. So far, three characters have died, and Cap isn't even confirmed to be dead yet. Though I hope to God he is, because f-ck Ultimate Captain America.

These deaths have been very well-handled, being characters who never really fit well into their 1610 roles (Punisher), or characters with short arcs (Pixie), or characters who have simply outlasted their original purpose (Cap'n 'I Ride Flying Snowmobiles While Holding the American Flag and Being a Sitting President Because I'm a Moron' 'Murrca). It's not like Daredevil, who was in the god damn background of a panel in USM and was given half a page of acknowledgement. Punisher and Pixie were given decent send-offs.

This event has been going just fine, and I'm interested to see who else, if anyone, dies to make way for the All-New Ultimates. I'm thinking Thor, Hawkeye, and Chang are also on the chopping block.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh come on, there can't be any type of a MU without Cap. This is just getting silly.

Just reboot the UU and make Peter Parker a black kid, and redo the whole thing. Stop these stupid events.

Well, they have all of 616 Reed's info on Galactus, including the bit on heralds.
    I could see Cap sacrificing himself to save earth... and him carrying a cosmic shield/surfboard combination.
    I could.
    I just hope I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    This was so cool, it has reminded me how good Hickman's ultimates run was, I'm going to have to read it again

Some of the deaths in Ultimatum were good, it was all the off panel deaths that were bad. I have no issue with any of the deaths in Hunger/Cataclysm so far (even though I'm gutted Mahr Vehl was one of them), if the death is done well and makes sence in the context of the story then i am all for it
    I'm with the Douche!