Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Robinson Explains Why You Need to Read "All-New Invaders" 'The Week It Comes Out'

James Robinson discusses his All-New title, how it's a vital part of the Marvel U and why the team is 'never going to call themselves the Invaders.'

Full article here.

Pretty psyched for this comic now! I like the concept and I really like the characters. Its cool to see Cap and Namor together again!

I just finished the first issue, and it was really great. Can't wait for more from this series. I'm guessing maybe Red Raven as the legacy female character that joins the team?

PS: I was a huge Blue Diamond fan in the 70s, reading Invaders books as a kid. I would love to see him and that crazy diamond costume of his in the book, or maybe even a new BD.

Issue 1 was a great start to the series. I'm excited to see what Robinson and Pugh have in store.
    But let justice run down like water, And righteousness like a mighty stream.

This series sounds like a great idea! I would love to see them incorporate other old school characters, like Night Raven or maybe some of the Twelve.

I'm sorry, but James Robinson IS The Golden Age Guy! From the mini-series, to the JSA, to all of the GREAT Tales of Times Past and Golden-Age stories in Starman. He is a great successor to Roy Thomas as a Golden-Age writer and historian. It is hard to imagine Earth-2 without him. I haven't followed The Invaders closely since the '70's, but I am willing to give his take on the team a try. I really enjoyed Spitfire and Union Jack. But, I will be happy to see the original five together again. I'm just guessing that Toro will be part of things, too, right?

Hopefully the series will last longer than the first arc. Somehow it seems like there's a mandate from on high that Jim Hammond can never "equal" the promotion of the Johnny Storm torch, so there's always some storyline to sideline him or kill him to avoid "brand confusion", which to me at this point is a false knock, with all of the various 'competing' spinoff merchandise that's out there based on various characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jloder24 View Post
    I just finished the first issue, and it was really great. Can't wait for more from this series. I'm guessing maybe Red Raven as the legacy female character that joins the team?
    Gwad I hope not. I just looked her up and she died in murder world, were hopefully she will remain.

I'm hoping its Miss America or they bring back Namorita.

Whenever I hear James Robinson talk about his plans I melt. Love the guy and most of his work, and I love knowing how far he's planned things and what sort of ideas are kind of mixing around in his head. I know having plans doesn't always mean being able to fulfill them, but I really hope we get to see most of what Robinson's got cooking.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

When you do a book and you just ignore any of the stuff that's happened because you've been lazy or just can't be bothered to do your research, I think that's really disrespectful and not good writing. In a super hero comic medium, part of the fun is that shared universe and the idea of all these characters existing in the same time frame.
    Soooooooooo many writers could stand to benefit from this insight, especially on the X-Books.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

I will have to scrape up whatever money I can to get this. Finances are stupid tight, but I do want to support the book (I want that Namor arc and several more!)

I knew Robinson would be writing this as a character-driven book. He's the first Marvel writer in awhile whose comments make me believe he's not only a fan of the characters and respects their history, but wants to do new, exciting things with them. I wish more Marvel writers would take a leaf from James' book writing-wise.

Great interview CBR, thanks for posting.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Soooooooooo many writers could stand to benefit from this insight, especially on the X-Books.
    agreed. 10 char.

Holy moley, I might have to scrape up a few bucks and buy this, it sounds really great.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Wow, this was as in-depth an interview as they come. Great stuff.

I have already purchased my digital copy of All-New Invaders, can't wait to get home and read it!

Great interview and great first issue!

Looking forward to the future of this series.