Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default From "Swamp Thing" to "Saga" to TV with Brian K. Vaughan

Brian K. Vaughan gets deep about his past and future, from DC's upcoming "Swamp Thing" collection to what's next in "Saga" and "The Private Eye."

Full article here.

Three months between arcs, (Saga) smfh, it's always worth it though....

And, still no plans to put the Private Eye in print, is extremely disappointing...

Why?? You have a computer and can try out #1 (or the whole thing!) for free...No reason not to check it out.

Saga is brilliant and is definitely worth the wait. I subscribed after reading the second TPB because I decided I just had to read this as it came out monthly.

Thanks a lot for such a great and artistically rich comic series!
    Saga UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen AllNewXFactor XForce Magneto Loki Nightcrawler Inhuman Deadpool KevinKeller
    Awaiting: TheWicked&TheDivine

Vaughan's talent makes him a "try anything he puts out immediately" creator. And it's also great to see his strong work ethic and the passion he seems to put into every project. He certainly also paints himself as a true gentleman, eager to hand out praise to his collaborators and speak frankly to fans. That combination of talent, passion and respect really positions him well for continued success in this competitive field and makes me feel good as a fan to support his work.

It's nice to have a writer not make fun of fans of the characters.
    Pull List: Saga, East of West, Aphrodite

The Swamp Thing trade is, in fact, already out. I picked it up two weeks ago; Not sure if CBR did this interview a couple of weeks back and only had it scheduled to be put out now, but the first SW trade's definitely out. Not bad stuff, either, given it's Vaughan's first proper work.

With me being kind of disappointed in Morrison's recent work, BKV has become my clear choice for #1 writer in comics. His work is so endlessly readable and entertaining and he effortlessly crafts the best characters. His artist selection is awesome as well and he seems to get the best out of his collaborators. Saga and Private Eye are two of my three favorite series in comics right now (Chew being the other). BKV is just unstoppable.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I for one am happy BKV and Staples take as much time as they feel is needed between arcs on Saga; means we will get the best possible quality when the issues are published.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by pmarinello View Post
    Why?? You have a computer and can try out #1 (or the whole thing!) for free...No reason not to check it out.
    Oh I did, (although I'm currently a couple issue's behind) and I loved it, paid for it too, but I'd still rather own it in print, all ten issue's in a nice HC...

I understand the concept and the reasoning but, why not get paid twice, then it's a win-win for everybody...

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Private Eye is the only work of his that has clicked with me, but I'd read an anthology of his letters column.

BKV is without a doubt my favourite writer. I've enjoyed/loved everything of his I've read, and the fact that he doesn't come off at all like a douche and is very complimentary to everyone else working on his books at every opportunity is a bonus.
    Groundhog's Say - A blog on comics and things.

Top of the Pile: Animal Man|Harbinger|Archer & Armstrong|Batman|Saga|East of West|Hellboy in Hell|Lazarus|Prophet|The Wake|Zero

Man I got into Saga really late. I used to collect comics back in the 90s but had stopped. Recently got back in again last year and decided to check out Saga based on a comment someone mentioned on this forum. Boy am I glad I did, Saga might be the best comic I have read since forever. I went on ebay and bought all the original issues because I just had to start my collection on it. I paid a ton for 2 copies of Saga 1 cgc 9.8 and bought all the issues up to 17. Paid quite a bit for it but I don't care, I have no intention of ever selling it, just got to have it in my collection. It's just that good.