Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Animal Man, #27

THIS IS IT: The final battle for The Red begins here! Brother Blood must kill the avatar before he can rule. But will Buddy's new powers be enough to protect Maxine?

Full article here.

Okay, who didn't just love Ellen punching that guy. Pure greatness.

Ellen is stealing the show, previous knocking out cultist with award statue and now this. Buddy should just retire and let her take over super-hero business.
    lots of dots

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ellen is stealing the show, previous knocking out cultist with award statue and now this. Buddy should just retire and let her take over super-hero business.
    Animal man isn't the catchiest super hero name but it somewhat works, I just can't see Ellen catching on. At the very least she gets sh*t done.

Looks like it's time for me to finally take a dip into the Animal Man comics. The cover to this comic by Rafael Albuquerque is awesome. It reminds me of the Trading Card franchise "Duel Masters". I sure wish CN/DC would turn those Animal Man shorts on DC Nation into an actual animated TV show. They are excellent.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    Looks like it's time for me to finally take a dip into the Animal Man comics. The cover to this comic by Rafael Albuquerque is awesome. It reminds me of the Trading Card franchise "Duel Masters". I sure wish CN/DC would turn those Animal Man shorts on DC Nation into an actual animated TV show. They are excellent.
    The run ends in a few issues. :(
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Is this the last issue?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I think it's next issue. The story is called 'The End'. I thought it was ending at 30 though.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I think it's next issue. The story is called 'The End'. I thought it was ending at 30 though.
    The series will end in Animal Man #29, with an special issue drawn mainly by Jeff Lemire and pages by Travel Foreman.

I gotta say this book has been off the rails for me for at least the last year now. This Brother Blood arc has been way too generic compared to the Vertigo love letter those first issues laid the foundation for the series to be.

I'm hoping this is just because Jeff wants to wrap things up and get to JLU because if that book also features forgettable stories like this one I'll only be down to Swamp Thing from DC.

I'm probably being overly harsh on the book. I'd give it probably a 7. To me it's more of a disappointment as I feel that even Jeff's voice has left the book, replaced with the generic 'I fight for my loved ones' cliche.