Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Six DC Series to End in April, Including "Superman Unchained" and "Nightwing"

Multiple DC Comics series, including "Superman Unchained," "Nightwing" and "Justice League of America" are scheduled to wrap this April.

Full article here.

Do not like the look of that Nightwing cover. Makes me fear the worst about Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Do not like the look of that Nightwing cover. Makes me fear the worst about Grayson.
    Hasn't it been confirmed for a while that he's going to be running around as just Dick Grayson afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Hasn't it been confirmed for a while that he's going to be running around as just Dick Grayson afterwards?
    so he's retired from the super hero business or is he just going to be running around in street clothes fighting crime? because that sounds stupid
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I can't remember confirmation for that, I thought it was just speculation based on that group shot for Thanksgiving.

Why on earth bring Tynion on for the last issue, so stupid, unless they brought him on because it'll relaunch with him.
    Last edited by Austin316; 01-21-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Nothing I am buying so, I am good. Surprised about Unchained though...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    seeming more and more likely that Snyder Can't handle doing anything except batman for the DC Universe(Speaking of which...Stop with the stupid long storylines!)

If my count is correct, we are just the New 43 now? 43 ongoing books…including the Future's End book, Eternal, Secret Origins, The Others…

That leaves 9 open slots for new books. I wonder if they'll actually launch 9 new books to make up the difference?

Unchained is the biggest surprise for me, and I await the inevitable relaunches of Nightwing and Teen Titans. Still, glad that The Movement is spared (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Lee confirmed a few months ago that Unchained would only be 9 issues, so it at least wasn't a recent decision.

So DC cancels decent selling books like Superman Unchained, Suicide Squad, and Nightwing and keeps the low selling Movement, Batwing, and Larfleeze going. I like the Movement and Larfleeze but I just don't see the logic in this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    So DC cancels decent selling books like Superman Unchained, Suicide Squad, and Nightwing and keeps the low selling Movement, Batwing, and Larfleeze going. I like the Movement and Larfleeze but I just don't see the logic in this decision.
    Unchained was because Snyder's Writing too many books right now and the only thing he can manage to write for DC is Batman

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Unchained was because Snyder's Writing too many books right now and the only thing he can manage to write for DC is Batman
    Plus it's not been cancelled, Lee was quoted back in October as saying it would run for 9 issues.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    If my count is correct, we are just the New 43 now? 43 ongoing books…including the Future's End book, Eternal, Secret Origins, The Others…

That leaves 9 open slots for new books. I wonder if they'll actually launch 9 new books to make up the difference?
    My count is at 42. where are you getting 43?
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    Superman Unchained was always going to be very limited- you were never going to have Jim Lee for too long and Snyder has a lot of other books.

As for Nightwing, it's not the first time they've cancelled a decently selling but meandering/creatively dead book in the New 52 (JLI, Batman: The Dark Knight). Suicide Squad I'm a little unsure of though, as with either Kot or Kindt, if they'd been given time and space they could've worked some magic.

Anyway, Batwing and Larfleeze don't have much of a lifetime left and Movement is probably because it's well-received, might be expected to sell better after the first trade is out and keeps Simone happy.