Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 247
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,871

    Default Six DC Series to End in April, Including "Superman Unchained" and "Nightwing"

    Multiple DC Comics series, including "Superman Unchained," "Nightwing" and "Justice League of America" are scheduled to wrap this April.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Do not like the look of that Nightwing cover. Makes me fear the worst about Grayson.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Do not like the look of that Nightwing cover. Makes me fear the worst about Grayson.
    Hasn't it been confirmed for a while that he's going to be running around as just Dick Grayson afterwards?

  4. #4
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Hasn't it been confirmed for a while that he's going to be running around as just Dick Grayson afterwards?
    so he's retired from the super hero business or is he just going to be running around in street clothes fighting crime? because that sounds stupid
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  5. #5
    Senior Member Austin316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Hasn't it been confirmed for a while that he's going to be running around as just Dick Grayson afterwards?
    I can't remember confirmation for that, I thought it was just speculation based on that group shot for Thanksgiving.

    Why on earth bring Tynion on for the last issue, so stupid, unless they brought him on because it'll relaunch with him.
    Last edited by Austin316; 01-21-2014 at 02:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Man of Murder Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    Nothing I am buying so, I am good. Surprised about Unchained though...

  7. #7
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Nothing I am buying so, I am good. Surprised about Unchained though...
    seeming more and more likely that Snyder Can't handle doing anything except batman for the DC Universe(Speaking of which...Stop with the stupid long storylines!)
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    If my count is correct, we are just the New 43 now? 43 ongoing books…including the Future's End book, Eternal, Secret Origins, The Others…

    That leaves 9 open slots for new books. I wonder if they'll actually launch 9 new books to make up the difference?

  9. #9

    Default

    Unchained is the biggest surprise for me, and I await the inevitable relaunches of Nightwing and Teen Titans. Still, glad that The Movement is spared (for now).

  10. #10
    Senior Member Austin316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Nothing I am buying so, I am good. Surprised about Unchained though...
    Lee confirmed a few months ago that Unchained would only be 9 issues, so it at least wasn't a recent decision.

  11. #11

    Default

    So DC cancels decent selling books like Superman Unchained, Suicide Squad, and Nightwing and keeps the low selling Movement, Batwing, and Larfleeze going. I like the Movement and Larfleeze but I just don't see the logic in this decision.

  12. #12
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    So DC cancels decent selling books like Superman Unchained, Suicide Squad, and Nightwing and keeps the low selling Movement, Batwing, and Larfleeze going. I like the Movement and Larfleeze but I just don't see the logic in this decision.
    Unchained was because Snyder's Writing too many books right now and the only thing he can manage to write for DC is Batman
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  13. #13
    Senior Member Austin316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Unchained was because Snyder's Writing too many books right now and the only thing he can manage to write for DC is Batman
    Plus it's not been cancelled, Lee was quoted back in October as saying it would run for 9 issues.

  14. #14
    penetrator of things
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    If my count is correct, we are just the New 43 now? 43 ongoing books…including the Future's End book, Eternal, Secret Origins, The Others…

    That leaves 9 open slots for new books. I wonder if they'll actually launch 9 new books to make up the difference?
    My count is at 42. where are you getting 43?
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    So DC cancels decent selling books like Superman Unchained, Suicide Squad, and Nightwing and keeps the low selling Movement, Batwing, and Larfleeze going. I like the Movement and Larfleeze but I just don't see the logic in this decision.
    Superman Unchained was always going to be very limited- you were never going to have Jim Lee for too long and Snyder has a lot of other books.

    As for Nightwing, it's not the first time they've cancelled a decently selling but meandering/creatively dead book in the New 52 (JLI, Batman: The Dark Knight). Suicide Squad I'm a little unsure of though, as with either Kot or Kindt, if they'd been given time and space they could've worked some magic.

    Anyway, Batwing and Larfleeze don't have much of a lifetime left and Movement is probably because it's well-received, might be expected to sell better after the first trade is out and keeps Simone happy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •