Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Injustice Wonder Woman is second only to Azzarello's in quality.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by SNascimento View Post
    Injustice Wonder Woman is second only to Azzarello's in quality.
    Injustice isn't the comic that WW try to get in Superman pants and make him evil? or soething like this

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Injustice isn't the comic that WW try to get in Superman pants and make him evil? or soething like this
    That's one way to put it.
    "Perfection... sometimes it's our worst enemy. I tried to be perfect once... decided to just try to be better. Found a good way to start that... is by accepting who you are."

That's one way to put it.
    That's is complicated, but I prefer her manipulating Superman than superman manipulating WW...it's a elseworld anyway

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Good interviews.

I hope she gets to voice Wonder Woman some day.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Good interviews.

I hope she gets to voice Wonder Woman some day.
    I see what you did and I agree

lol at Superman

Question What?

Cyborg took out WW in Justice League War? What was the point of that? Such a scene wasn't in the comics at all.

Oh well, she did better (like saving the US president and his wife) than doing nothing in JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 02-02-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    That doesn't make sense...why would somebody that dress the WW costume in secret be protesting against her?
    the guy is like the biggest hypocrite that I ever saw
    Self loathing.
    Pluto, you'll always be a planet to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Cyborg took out WW in Justice League War? What was the point of that? Such a scene wasn't in the comics at all.
    No, he didn't.

Arrow

No, he didn't.
    It's the scene where Wonder Woman charges Cyborg with her sword and he blasts her back into a car when all the heroes finally meet up. Superman is about to use his heat vision, saying: "You're done!". But the Flash is interfering. Meanwhile, a moaning Wonder Woman is waking up, and she sees only blur until Shazam shows up.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 02-03-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

I did not know what to expect from the film because I have not read the comics. I will say that I was both pleasantly surprised and disappointed at times. As an action flick, the movie was entertaining. I had to further suspend "reality" in order to enjoy it at times. I agree with the poster who made the comment about collateral damage and the heroes not actively working to save people. The Superman fights in particular bothered me.

I very seldom tend to find the "comedic" moments in these types of films funny. Shazam and GL were incredibly annoying to me for most of the movie. Shazam is a child though, so I can give him a pass. I also was not very invested in Cyborg's back story. It was too forced and I was not able to relate to him at all.

Diana's characterization was not my favorite either. She did come across as "slash and ask questions later." I prefer a more mature Wonder Woman, but I see why they went for the younger portrayal. I have no problems with pushing the warrior persona, but I think the writers need to realize that there is more to being a warrior than just swinging a sword. There should be a respect for the costs of war and an understanding of what they are fighting for. I also really dislike the abandonment of one's responsibilities and it is a theme that is used far too often. All of my critiques about WW really just stem from the overall direction of the film and are not necessarily specific to her. The only characters who did not come across as either immature or overly inexperienced were Flash and Batman. (I actually like how reasonable and pragmatic both characters came across.)

The one big pro I did take away from the film was how well Wonder Woman did in combat. For once I was not left questioning her power levels. She was clearly the most capable fighter of the group and she had the best fight sequences. And while the film repeatedly (and almost obnoxiously) reminded us that Superman was their "big gun," WW was shown to be very powerful in addition to being a skilled warrior. I loved her fights with Darkseid and also how she fought with Superman. It's clear they put her in Clark's weight class, even if not his equal. I'm sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment as they will likely revert to the status quo in the comics where she gets her a** handed to her and Superman shows up and saves the day. I'll enjoy this feeling while it lasts!

And I may be alone in this, but I absolutely LOVED WW's costume redesign. They should absolutely make this her standard costume. Give her pants and I think it would work well as a live action costume too. (Personally, I prefer that she be clad in armor, but that's just me.)

If you want to watch WW kick but and don't mind an shallow take on the character (and her teammates), then you will enjoy the film. If you need your WW with more depth and maturity then you should probably skip this one.