Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FANTASY DRAFT: Marvel Studios Phase 3 Lineup

Marvel Studios' Phase Three will soon be upon us, and CBR runs down the characters and storylines we think could break out on the big screen.

Full article here.

If Carol gets a solo movie before Wonder Woman the fan rage would be an amusing sight. I don't think Planet Hulk would work though.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Yes to Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Yes to a Hulk movie, but not Planet Hulk. Some sort of semi-adaption of Indestructible Hulk would be interesting. Nova would be a good way to expand on the cosmic side of the MCU that we'll be getting to see in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Switch out Winter Soldier for Black Widow with him as a supporting character. Switch out Doctor Strange for Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Hawkeye and Black Widow (and Bruce) need more exploration, given that they're the only Avengers without their individual movie series within the MCU.

Maybe a spy trilogy kicking off with Black Widow, then Hawkeye & Mockingbird, and then Winter Soldier?
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Yes to Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Yes to a Hulk movie, but not Planet Hulk. Some sort of semi-adaption of Indestructible Hulk would be interesting. Nova would be a good way to expand on the cosmic side of the MCU that we'll be getting to see in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Switch out Winter Soldier for Black Widow
    with him as a supporting character. Switch out Doctor Strange for Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Hawkeye and Black Widow (and Bruce) need more exploration, given that they're the only Avengers without their individual movie series within the MCU.

Maybe a spy trilogy kicking off with Black Widow, then Hawkeye & Mockingbird, and then Winter Soldier?
    Is Scarlett a good enough actress to carry a solo movie on her own?

Yes to Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Nova(It can be both Richard and Sam if they wanted to), and a Winter Soldier Movie.

For a Hulk movie, I would kind of hope to see Hulk vs Red Hulk(General Ross) and use the death of the abomination to make it like some sort of Hulk murder mystery story, where it leads up to finding out not only did Ross kill blonsky but has also become the thing he hates most, banner.

Now, for a Nova movie let's just have both Richard and Sam in it. Hear me out, but why can't we have it where in the movie Richard is already an established high ranking Nova corps member who befriends/mentors a rookie Sam. Couldn't that work. Plus if there is a Nova movie along with Guardians of the galaxy movie, I hope for an Annihilation Conquest type movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Switch out Winter Soldier for Black Widow with him as a supporting character. Hawkeye and Black Widow (and Bruce) need more exploration, given that they're the only Avengers without their individual movie series within the MCU.

Black Widow over Winter Soldier, I agree. I do not like Scarlet in the role, but I think Black Widow does deserve her own movie.

Hulk solo. Yes. Marc is great > Planet Hulk > no.

Black Widow, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, sure.

Doctor Strange > I would like it IF they treat magic like magic and cast the right man as Strange.

Captain Marvel > Not before Black Widow. Perhaps as an eventual part of Guardians and then her own, sure, but not out of the gate.

Black Panther > I know little about him (never had the desire to read him), but if Marvel can make him work, why not?

By slowing working in new characters, they can build on what has come before.

As far as Marvel women, I'd like to see Sif get her own film and/or with the Warriors Three, to expand upon Asgard and the Nine realms more. Jamie is great.

I am glad Haley might get an Agent Carter show. She is excellent in the role. If that doesn't work, I think a film could.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Totally want a Black Panther movie.

Totally want a Doctor Strange movie.

Don't really need a Winter Soldier movie keep him bundled with Cap.

With love a Black Widow movie with a healthy dose of Nick Fury or a joint Nick Fury and Black Widow film. Maybe directed by Paul Greengrass.

I don't really need another Hulk movie, his only appeal is for him to beat up and wreck stuff. I feel like the last two films did the most they could with Banner. There could definitely be more done with Hulk, but I don't expect studios ot do it, as long as Marvel stays with the current direction I don't expect them to try a Hulk movie innovative enough to work for the character. Incredible Hulk was okay, and probably the pinnacle of what you could do with a solo film going in that direction. If Marvel wanted to make him more of a monster or a force of nature like Godzilla I think that would open up more options. But if your going to stay true to the character, and true to the current portrayal in the MCU not sure where else you take him. Planet Hulk seems a little too risky at this point. Maybe several years down the line depending how things pan out.

Not really interested in Nova or the Inhumans, but they could work I guess

It has to be Dr. Strange first, then Black Panther and then maybe Captain Marvel. Maybe Young Avengers. I don't think the others will be taking place at this point.

And Scarlet Johansson, as we all know, is horrible as Black Widow so she won't be getting a film anytime soon, unless they change actress (which could totally happen. War Machine and Hulk anyone?)

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Definitely down for Doctor Strange (Cumberbatch!!!), Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. Inhumans could be interesting, as could Nova. I'd like a Hulk film but not "Planet Hulk," and I'd have to wait and see how Winter Soldier is represented in the new Cap film before want to see more of him. And no to a Black Widow solo film...sorry, but I just don't think Johansenn's portrayal is dynamic enough to hold her own movie.

A few other characters I'd like to see get their own films:

Ka-Zar - It's Tarzan in Jurassic Park. How could this NOT work?

Bloodstone - Elsa as monster hunter. Emily Blunt, we're sorry you missed out on Black Widow...here's your reward.

Moon Knight - With the acrimony towards Batfleck, what better time for Marvel to roll out their Batman-like character?

Werewolf By Night - With Blade on ice currently, a more down-to-earth horror film might be a good idea. And making Jack Russell into a Bruce Banner-esque figure would help to make it unique.

Machine Man - With Vision probably tied to future Avengers endeavors, it might be good to do a "Pinocchio" story with a character not so closely tied to what's come before.

Winter Guard - We haven't seen much in the way of non-American superheroes. Alpha Flight may be tied up with X-Men rights so I'd suggest this team, set against the bleak backdrop of post-Cold War Russia. And you could tie it in to other films, with Whiplash, Black Widow, and Winter Soldier being referenced.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

All good ideas....I'd be the last person to ask...since the only marvel book I read is the Miracle Man reprint book. However with the exception of the Fox movies and the Spiderman stuff I've seen all the Marvel stuff since the first Iron Man. Just kind of sucks for me that I've now got to wait 2 years for the Superman/Batman movie and 3 years for the JLA movie. rate this is going I'm going to be about 150 before DC reaches phase three of their Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock69 View Post
    And Scarlet Johansson, as we all know, is horrible as Black Widow so she won't be getting a film anytime soon, unless they change actress (which could totally happen. War Machine and Hulk anyone?)
    In what way is she horrible?

If there is a Hulk movie I would like for it to take place during the Red Hulk arc. The plot writes itself. The government hears of another Hulk running around so Fury sends Banner/Hulk to track the other Hulk down.

I thought they'd already announced Strange?

Considering Thor will likely get a third outing due to Loki Love, that'd be the two 2016 movies covered.

If Cap gets a third, that'd be May 2017 covered.

With Ant Man being squeezed in to phase three, that would be the 4 phase 3 movies covered, although Marvel could stick a fifth in the November 2017 before A3 with Thanos in 2018.

Nova/Inhumans/GotG2 would be the best fit there, cosmic leading in to cosmic.

After that, you reboot and build new franchises. This is where I'd début Captain Marvel and Black Panther especially, leading to a new post-Thanos threat
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    In what way is she horrible?
    Have you ever read any comic with Black Widow on it? Do you think she's faithful to the character? It's like Halle Berry as Storm