Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Batman and Two-Face #27 Preview/Discussion

The origin of Two-Face continues! Batman finds himself in the crossfire of a vengeful war between Two-Face and Erin McKillen! Both are hellbent on killing each other and anyone else who dares to step between them
    (via [a href="http://mancave.cbslocal.com/2014/01/16/theres-no-peace-in-the-grave-for-batman-and-two-face-27/" target="_blank"]Man Cave Daily[/a])

Full article here.

so we get new disfigured/half blind villian?
    I'm fine with that
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

She'll become Lady Justice and have a blindfold on. "Justice is blind!" will be her catchphrase.

Where the fudge is Carrie Kelley, by the way?
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Eyepatch!

the art team is killing it. its both cartoony and realistic at the same time.

i count 13 guns firing at them in that grave. lol.
    that's what i want in my Batbooks.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Harvey looks a lot more like his "Dark Knight" movie version, is this origin story closer to TDK as well? (I noticed they mentioned Gilda was dead now ala Rachel)

This continues to be really good stuff in spite of the loss of the Maroni origin. I mean the other stuff, the defense attorney stuff, the McKillen twins, I can live with and incorporate into that 'early days' timeline just fine. But the Gleason art is just tearing it up and his style is both startlingly good as crime noir, and startlingly good as Gothic super-heroics.

The bootlegger stuff was pure gold. Instant world-building for Gotham, and really speaks to me as a New Yorky person. Can't wait to see how the end shakes out.

Lastly; I like the greater meta-narrative rearing its head here as Batman takes shelter in that crypt and Gleason borders the page's action with Requiem flashbacks. Batman is reflecting on the Two-Face duality and it's going to feed into his next move regarding Damian, and that's awesome.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    Harvey looks a lot more like his "Dark Knight" movie version, is this origin story closer to TDK as well? (I noticed they mentioned Gilda was dead now ala Rachel)
    Two-Face looks like crap, but I'm sure that's just the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Two-Face looks like crap, but I'm sure that's just the artist.
    wtf bad ngroove

Great issue,

Also Bats and McKillen come out from the depths of Gotham into Noonan'; the bar featured prominently in Hitman by Ennis/Mcrea. Nice!

This whole arc has just been awful and way too long by my estimation, but this was probably the best issue if that means anything.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

I'm digging the overall story, but it seems like Tomasi is dragging his feet a bit. That flashback took too long. Gleason's art, Gray's inks, and Kalisz's colors seem to be doing the heavy work. The comic looks gorgeous.

It's been a decent side track, but I want to get back to the Ra's/Damian stuff, or at least more Carrie Kelley. What happened to her?
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Default Great panel!

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

The art remains fantastic, but despite this being the only bat-book I still follow, I'm just not feeling this arc. By now it feels way too long for what it's worth, and I just don't like the new Two-Face origin and can't say I care one bit about McKillen.

Bring back Damian already, would have been so much fun to see him face Two-Face as he's been kind of the classic Robin foe for some time now but they never even met.

Can't wait for the Aquaman and Wonder Woman team-ups, and hopefully a worthwhile appearance by Ra's al Ghul after the disservice he's had over at Red Hood and Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth View Post
    Where the fudge is Carrie Kelley, by the way?
    Good question, she just disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Good question, she just disappeared.
    It seems like they were real gung-ho about her for a while and then, bam, gone.

I get the feeling some kind of decision was made from the upper echelon for Tomasi to phase her out.

Otaku Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth View Post
    It seems like they were real gung-ho about her for a while and then, bam, gone.

I get the feeling some kind of decision was made from the upper echelon for Tomasi to phase her out.
    Just so strange, they sure hyped her up coming back.