Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Justice League, #27

A FOREVER EVIL tie-in! With the Justice League still missing, a barely functional Cyborg will need help if he's going to take down the Crime Syndicate! To do that, he must find Doctor Will Magnus!
    (via [a href="http://www.nerdist.com/2014/01/exclusive-justice-league-27-preview/" target="_blank"]Nerdist[/a])

Full article here.

1) huh, so Calder got out of the Colony
    2) another patrol bites the dust
    3) Johns, can you go ONE event without butchering a b-list team you don't like (i'm getting shades of freedom fighters & new rogues)?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hey look the DOOM PATROL haven't even appeared yet and Johns already slaughtered at least one version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    1) huh, so Calder got out of the Colony
    2) another patrol bites the dust
    3) Johns, can you go ONE event without butchering a b-list team you don't like (i'm getting shades of freedom fighters & new rogues)?
    If Johns annihilates a team, it's often follows that it gets a new intro, revamp, and/or series in the not-too-near future, so I don't really see it as a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    If Johns annihilates a team, it's often follows that it gets a new intro, revamp, and/or series in the not-too-near future, so I don't really see it as a bad thing!
    Isn't this the first time DP's appearing in the New 52? If so, what's the point of killing off any variant of the team? I mean besides propping up the villains.

I also wonder why Johns just doesn't write a villain centric ongoing.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I lost it once I read Tempest. Let it be Garth!
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

some team had to be the cannon fodder (Since there is actually a limit on how many background heroes they can pull up these days, and the traditional punching bags of the new bloods/titans/planet dc heroes/b-list legacies/global guardians/freedom fighters aren't available) to establish that the syndicate are irredeemable by johns' standards (and considering the villains he's put in leather pants, that's saying something)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    More likely to be the non-Aqualad Tempest who was a member of the Doom Patrol for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    It's most likely not - it's most likely the black Tempest from the replacement Doom Patrol.

But I agree with other posters wholeheartedly - this preview DISGUSTS me in how cavalierly it re-introduces dead characters - Hey, we're back from the dead thanks to Niles Caulder! - only to kill them within a couple of pages after. I am physically ANGRY with this preview.
    In fact, after several months of this title (and several others) treading water thanks to the abysmal Forever Evil event, I am ready to call it quits with the Justice League. This feeling is only reinforced by the fact that come March, we'll be getting a Justice League led by Lex Luthor and featuring Captain Cold as a member.
    I'll even go so far as to say that I am sick of the DC Universe. This "new 52" has left a bad taste in my mouth from the get go but I have tried to hang on, tried to give it a chance. After two years, I can honestly say I am sick of this version of the DC Universe, with it's dark, depressing, hopeless outlook, the "stories" that aren't even true stories with a beginning, middle and end, and teams that don't get a chance to develop as actual teams before they're torn asunder with editorially-driven roster changes. I can't even recall this Justice League doing anything in particular, outside of defeating Darkseid in the first arc. I can't believe I am saying this after nearly 3 decades of collecting comics (and more than that watching the cartoons and films), but I am thinking of calling it quits with superheroes as a whole. I have never been this dissatisfied with the comics industry, not even during the 90s. I just don't get the enjoyment out of comics I used to, and I don't see it getting any better.

It's lazy storytelling at its finest, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon_UK View Post
    More likely to be the non-Aqualad Tempest who was a member of the Doom Patrol for many years.
    If you saw JL #24, there was a panel with the 70's team Celcius, Tempest (Josh Clay), and Negative Woman. Guess it doesn't matter now.

Sigh. I guess they ran out of Titans to massacre. I hope Cliff, Rita, and Larry are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Psistorm4472 View Post
    It's most likely not - it's most likely the black Tempest from the replacement Doom Patrol.

But I agree with other posters wholeheartedly - this preview DISGUSTS me in how cavalierly it re-introduces dead characters - Hey, we're back from the dead thanks to Niles Caulder! - only to kill them within a couple of pages after. I am physically ANGRY with this preview.
    In fact, after several months of this title (and several others) treading water thanks to the abysmal Forever Evil event, I am ready to call it quits with the Justice League. This feeling is only reinforced by the fact that come March, we'll be getting a Justice League led by Lex Luthor and featuring Captain Cold as a member.
    I'll even go so far as to say that I am sick of the DC Universe. This "new 52" has left a bad taste in my mouth from the get go but I have tried to hang on, tried to give it a chance. After two years, I can honestly say I am sick of this version of the DC Universe, with it's dark, depressing, hopeless outlook, the "stories" that aren't even true stories with a beginning, middle and end, and teams that don't get a chance to develop as actual teams before they're torn asunder with editorially-driven roster changes. I can't even recall this Justice League doing anything in particular, outside of defeating Darkseid in the first arc. I can't believe I am saying this after nearly 3 decades of collecting comics (and more than that watching the cartoons and films), but I am thinking of calling it quits with superheroes as a whole. I have never been this dissatisfied with the comics industry, not even during the 90s. I just don't get the enjoyment out of comics I used to, and I don't see it getting any better.
    Amen, brother.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Isn't this the first time DP's appearing in the New 52? If so, what's the point of killing off any variant of the team? I mean besides propping up the villains.
    They're the DOOM Patrol. By killing this version off, the next version (which will presumably be a version of the team that people like) will have a theme of doom in it. And no one cares about this version so no one will care if they die.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    They're the DOOM Patrol. By killing this version off, the next version (which will presumably be a version of the team that people like) will have a theme of doom in it. And no one cares about this version so no one will care if they die.
    The problem is, I cared more about the revised version than the first one. I found them just a bit too weird for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post

I also wonder why Johns just doesn't write a villain centric ongoing.
    who says he won't?