Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Trailer, Voice Cast Revealed for Animated "Son of Batman"

Jason O'Mara will return to voice The Dark Knight in the animted "Son of Batman," based on Grant Morrison & Andy Kubert's story "Batman & Son."

Full article here.

Would be cool if they adapted all of Morrison's Bat-Epic. Obviously, that ain't happening, but a fan can dream. Still, a nice little nod to Dr. Hurt would be fun to have. :-)

Fantastic. More manga looking trash. Someone sure loves the awful cowl with the chinstrap at DC these days. Ecch. More for me to avoid.

I'll be picking this up just to see if Damian gets killed. Never cared for him as Robin and was glad when they killed him off. Matter of fact the only Grant Morrison Batman arc i liked was his last arc in Batman, Inc. DC is killing it with the animation movies though

WTH this is absolutely nothing like the comics. I mean They got the part about Damian being Bruce's son, and him putting ont he Robin suit, but outside of Talia being there this film is 100% different from the comics.

Also the trailer makes the story look mediocre. The comic was great, but this............idk I'm not too interested.

The Best part of Morrison's epic was Dick Grayson in the Batman costume, and his interactions with Damian, Alfred and the rest of Gotham. I'm sorry but I have little interest in this story. The whole plot was given away, and they took a somewhat original story and made it cliche. We are already overloaded with Batman media as it is.

If this had stayed truer to the source material, fine, but as it is now.....I'll probably pass

I don't know why they added Deathstroke and subtracted Tim Drake, but any changes to Morrison's terrible writing can only help, right?

I sort of imagined Damian Wayne having a bit more of a sharp tone.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth View Post

I sort of imagined Damian Wayne having a bit more of a sharp tone.
    Me too. I din't have a problem with the voice, but I always pictured him having a little bit of an attitude. Especially in Batman and Son.

Gah that Deathstroke voice is so bland. I wish they'd have gone with Mark Rolston or JG Hertzler who provided suitably menacing voices for the master assassin in Injustice and Arkham Origins. In fact why did they bother with Deathstroke? Surely the logical plot of Batman and Son would be Bruce vs Ra or Talia and Damian in the middle. On the other hand they've got a impressive voice actor for Damian there.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarias View Post
    Fantastic. More manga looking trash.
    I don't think manga means what you think it does.

That is not how I imagined Damian sounding but it fits. I was surprised.

I love Batman's emotional reaction to being told he has a son.

Perhaps, probably not !Pharozonk!'s Avatar

I'm sad to see Kevin Conroy won't be a part of this, but it looks good so far.

I like it, so far it looks better then the animation in Flashpoint Paradox and War (this reminded me of young justice, the scene of Bruce and Damian). Hopefully it's revealed to be a plot twist that Talia is actually behind everything, instead of her being a damsel in distress

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

While yes different from the source material, this looks very good.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Wow. They actually figured out a way to make Damian even more annoying than the comic version.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

This is looks very disappointing