Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: My Little Pony: Friends Forever, #1

Introducing a brand new ongoing series! Dedicated to exploring the magic that arises from the friendship of two different ponies, prepare for anything in this fun-filled team-team up comic! Our first pony pairing features none other than Applejack and Pinkie Pie! When the two enter a baking contest, you can bet the culinary hijinks are going to get messy!

Full article here.

Looks good, what frustrates me is i wish everything about it was transferred to something else... the style, tone, playfulness, etc... I have such a difficult time getting into My Little Pony even though i like alot about it's style, tone and what not.

I think it's that it's all ponies without much variety, if it was like a pony, a bear, an octopus, etc that would do it for me i think.

I find myself continuing to try and get into it but held back for those reasons, i've probably watched the first episode of the TV series like 10 times over time trying to get into it.

Too much pony. Heh.

And yes, i realize it's My Little Pony and i should expect that, i'm just saying.
    [i'll probably still check it out]
    Last edited by eXplorer; 01-18-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplorer View Post
    Looks good, what frustrates me is i wish everything about it was transferred to something else... the style, tone, playfulness, etc... I have such a difficult time getting into My Little Pony even though i like alot about it's style, tone and what not.

I think it's that it's all ponies without much variety, if it was like a pony, a bear, an octopus, etc that would do it for me i think.

I find myself continuing to try and get into it but held back for those reasons, i've probably watched the first episode of the TV series like 10 times over time trying to get into it.

Too much pony. Heh.

And yes, i realize it's My Little Pony and i should expect that, i'm just saying.
    [i'll probably still check it out]
    This Comic has been one of IDW's Best comics since it launched and i don't care what anyone says about it

it takes the source material and translates it perfectly to the world of comic books(The First storyline was a huge reference to invasion of the body snatchers and the second storyline was the return of nightmare moon from the first season premiere)it's become such a success with it's fans and sales(Trades for the series always make it in the top 10)that A second series was announced and i cannot wait for the inevitable trixie team up issue
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    This Comic has been one of IDW's Best comics since it launched and i don't care what anyone says about it

it takes the source material and translates it perfectly to the world of comic books(The First storyline was a huge reference to invasion of the body snatchers and the second storyline was the return of nightmare moon from the first season premiere)it's become such a success with it's fans and sales(Trades for the series always make it in the top 10)that A second series was announced and i cannot wait for the inevitable trixie team up issue
    I'm acknowledging it's good, "good" being a subjective thing and all, i'm just saying for personal preference reasons i find it difficult to get into it, so... i kind of wish the entire style, tone, etc was transferred over just because i find it difficult to get into everything being pony related.

I agree, however about the rest... i checked out the recent My Little Pony issue released and it was quite entertaining. It's just a personal preference for me in getting into it.
    Last edited by eXplorer; 01-18-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Sweet! Just found out Agnes Garbowska will be working on this series in like book 3, that definitely motivates me to get into this more. I enjoyed her work on Li'l Vampi.