Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Year of the Horse: Van Lente On "Project Black Sky," "Conan the Avenger" & More!

Fred Van Lente is making his 2014 more Dark Horse-ian with "Project Black Sky," a "Brain Boy" sequel, "Conan The Avenger" and creator-owned projects.

Full article here.

What happened to the Brian Ching interior art preview? Don't you want to promote the series honestly? I guess not.

Not all that interested in Conan the barbarian stuff but I am very interested to see what happens with Darkhorses Black Sky project. Should be fun read.

Those Brainboy covers look really good and I'm willing to try the first issue of Conan the Avenger.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

The Michael Broussard art looks great.

What ive read of Brain Boy was okay but overall ive no real interest in this Black Sky stuff.
    I may jump on Conan with Van Lentes run though.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Hmmm interesting, I am looking forward to the FCBD Project Black Sky one shot, and the new digital Black Sky serial. (I wonder how that is gonna work). And I am looking forward to the new Brain Boy miniseries.

Project Black Sky is really great so far, and I know its gonna get better.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I like Brain Boy. There's more on the way, right? I thought it was an ongoing.

That Conan mini series was a disappointment, so I'll skip Avenger.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    I like Brain Boy. There's more on the way, right? I thought it was an ongoing.

That Conan mini series was a disappointment, so I'll skip Avenger.
    It was a mini-series, they are doing sets of mini series, the next one (which is talked about in this article) is called Brain Boy: Men from G.E.S.T.A.L.T. its another mini series.

Also Brain Boy will be in the Project Black Sky FCBD issue in May.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Really enjoyed Brain Boy in 2013.I 'm willing to give just about anything Van Lente does a try based on Brain Boy/Archer & Armstrong/Mocking Dead.
    Groundhog's Say - A blog on comics and things.

Top of the Pile: Animal Man|Harbinger|Archer & Armstrong|Batman|Saga|East of West|Hellboy in Hell|Lazarus|Prophet|The Wake|Zero

This is the year if dark horse and Project Black Sky! Huge things coming!