Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,931

    Default Wonder Woman Embraces "True Responsibility" in "Justice League: War" Clip

    It's Wonder Woman vs. a Parademon horde in a new clip from the soon-to-be-released animated feature "Justice League: War."


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    125

    Default

    <Sarcasm> Well that wasn't trite at all. It's not like we haven't viewed that type of scene trillions of times before</Sarcasm>

    Oh DC Animated Universe how far you have fallen.

  3. #3
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    Yeah, the animation style of the last few has not been up to par. I didn't mind the more angular look we got in Superman: Unbound but Flahpoint and now this look like cheaply made anime.

  4. #4
    Senior Member suss2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    I really like this Wonder Woman design. Probably my all time favourite and her killing all those parademons was pretty cool. Really looking forward to this.

  5. #5

    Default

    I like the animation, but holy crap does this script suck. Can't say Johns gave 'em much to work with on this one though. Not too fond of the casting choices so far either. It pales in comparison to Justice League: Doom.
    Last edited by Emissary of Justice; 01-17-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

  6. #6

    Default

    The animation seems flawless.
    I can't wait to see it.
    "If I wanted smooth, I'd be with Hal Jordan."

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,894

    Default

    Not feeling it and that's a first.

    o

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    I like how when the animation isn't the same as what people are used to it all of a sudden becomes cheaply made and bad. Realistically if you are talking from a purely technical point it's better than nearly every show they've done by a significant margin. Much greater detail, far more anatomically correct, larger pallet of colors, crisper movement, etc. It's only bad in the sense that it's not the same as what's come before it. Which is to say it really isn't bad at all.

  9. #9
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    I don't know, it just looks very generic to me.

  10. #10
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, the animation style of the last few has not been up to par. I didn't mind the more angular look we got in Superman: Unbound but Flahpoint and now this look like cheaply made anime.
    I thought the animation is an improvement over the animation in Flashpoint. Some of the characters look properly proportioned this time.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,415

    Default

    Flashpoint animation was far more mobile and dynamic in that way. But it suffered from poor facial constructions and the upper torso's of the more muscular characters lacked continuity with the rest of the body.

  12. #12
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    I like how when the animation isn't the same as what people are used to it all of a sudden becomes cheaply made and bad. Realistically if you are talking from a purely technical point it's better than nearly every show they've done by a significant margin. Much greater detail, far more anatomically correct, larger pallet of colors, crisper movement, etc. It's only bad in the sense that it's not the same as what's come before it. Which is to say it really isn't bad at all.
    Yeah, I don't get that complaint at all. It's one thing to say the style doesn't suit your particular taste, but the level and quality of craft involved in the animation clearly seems pretty high to me.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

    Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

  13. #13
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Not too fond of the casting choices so far either. It pales in comparison to Justice League: Doom.
    Basically the cast of the DCAU/JLU correct?
    Eh, let them experiment.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •