Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Sif Moves From "Thor" to "Agents of SHIELD" in Upcoming Episode

Jaimie Alexander will bring her "Thor" character to the small screen, with Sif set to guest star on episode 15 of "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD."

Full article here.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

I might have to catch that episode. I like Jamie in the role.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

It's not just the lack of connective tissue with the rest of the MU that weakens the show, it's also the tone. It's too polished and squeaky clean both in terms of script and visuals. The show ought to be more "MI-6" in the MCU, rather than Man from UNCLE/Alias.

The characters need to stop being cute and get pushed a lot further. They need to make tough, personal choices. I think that's the only way you could get us to like characters who were mostly created for the tv show.
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony! View Post
    It's not just the lack of connective tissue with the rest of the MU that weakens the show, it's also the tone. It's too polished and squeaky clean both in terms of script and visuals. The show ought to be more "MI-6" in the MCU, rather than Man from UNCLE/Alias.

The characters need to stop being cute and get pushed a lot further. They need to make tough, personal choices. I think that's the only way you could get us to like characters who were mostly created for the tv show.
    Coulson was pushed hard recently, as was Skye. The others, not so much.

May vs. Sif? I'm on board for that.
    I'm crushing your head fanboy! I'm crushing your head!

I'm hoping that the Agent Carter TV show will have more of the tone that you described, especially since it will almost certainly feature a Cold War setting. Hopefully the TV show will give Lady Sif some actual screentime or something interesting to do, since the actual Thor movies seem to have no interest in doing either.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCMH View Post
    May vs. Sif? I'm on board for that.
    I actually think that Sif and May might get along, or at least respect each other since they're both warriors. I'm interested in seeing her and Coulson interact. I wonder if Thor told her about him?

I'm curious how the episide will handle Coulson supposed to still being dead as far as Thor knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    I'm hoping that the Agent Carter TV show will have more of the tone that you described, especially since it will almost certainly feature a Cold War setting. Hopefully the TV show will give Lady Sif some actual screentime or something interesting to do, since the actual Thor movies seem to have no interest in doing either.
    Agreed. I'd assume if Sif is showing up, it might have a connection to the Asgardian we met earlier in the show, or it might have to do with the means Coulson "returned."
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

I think that it's been much much better lately. It seems like the show is steadily improving. The last 3 episodes have been pretty solid IMO.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

If the show gets enough leg room it will get gritty
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

It's not just the lack of connective tissue with the rest of the MU that weakens the show, it's also the tone. It's too polished and squeaky clean both in terms of script and visuals.
    This.

I stopped watching the show after a few episodes. Checked back in this past week to find that nothing has changed. The characters are oppressively generic and dull, and the episodic plots are just blah. Plus as you mentioned, tone is a huge issue. The show undercuts any real sense of tension with its overabundance of wisecracking. Almost Human (while not great) is a perfect example of what S.H.I.E.L.D. should look like.

Darn. I may have to tune in again, just after making a resolution to stop watching the show. I really want to love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but Skye has increasingly killed the show for me to the point where I had to stop watching because I was getting too ticked off at the Mary Sue-ness. But I really like Sif - what little we've seen of her - in the movies, so...maybe I'll grab a bottle of wine and give it a shot.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE WITH HALF A BRAIN AFTER ALL

cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by cmill216 View Post
    This.

I stopped watching the show after a few episodes. Checked back in this past week to find that nothing has changed. The characters are oppressively generic and dull, and the episodic plots are just blah. Plus as you mentioned, tone is a huge issue. The show undercuts any real sense of tension with its overabundance of wisecracking. Almost Human (while not great) is a perfect example of what S.H.I.E.L.D. should look like.
    Seen some of the recent Marvel Films lately? That is what the majority of them are.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck