Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman #27 Preview/DIscussion

"ZERO YEAR" reaches an all-important crossroads as Batman and Jim Gordon try to turn the lights back on in Gotham City. This issue leads directly into the final arc of Zero Year, which begins here next month!

Full article here.

Wondering about that Tokyo scene.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATMAN #27 Preview/Discussion

"ZERO YEAR" reaches an all-important crossroads as Batman and Jim Gordon try to turn the lights back on in Gotham City. This issue leads directly into the final arc of Zero Year, which begins here next month!

Full article here.

Neat.

I mean the real nerd in me has to point out that .223 rounds, which are almost certainly what cops would be using in an AR as it's cheap and plentiful ammo (and the shell ejecting seems close to that) at ten yards would punch holes through quarter-inch plate steel (even half-inch steel targets are usually rated for like, 50-100 yard shooting). Batman could not physically wear a suit made of quarter-inch plate steel and move, let alone, well, jumping around doing Batman stuff.

Nerdiness ended. I'm sure he's wearing weird WayneTech graphene armor and those cops were all using 9mm and it wasn't just that Capullo wanted to draw cooler paramilitary guns and Snyder didn't consider the fact that even super-high-tech meta-material body armor would be Swiss Cheese at that range from that loadout. Comics, everyone!

Either that or the cops just can't aim for sh**. Which we know is basically true of blueshirt Gotham cops, who always let Mary Sue live, never have to account for ammo usage at the end of the day when they return to the station and have to sign their equipment sheets and paperwork, and who never suffer from PTSD for having had to use their firearms in the line of duty!
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

And Capullo continues to make me drool over his art, in fact I think this might be the best it's been throughout this whole arc. Not that it's been bad or anything in other issues but these pages seem extra amazing for whatever reason but maybe i'm just exaggerating, I don't know. lol

The Tokyo scene is weird just like the soldiers in the desert scene from issue #25, they both seem so out of place yet i'm sure by the time Snyder is done they'll make sense.

Really loving the contrast here with the Year One fight with the cops. Like almost every comparable scene, One was far better from technical perspective, but Zero is working better from an emotional standpoint. When he's fought Branden way back when, he may have been outmanned and outgunned, but you never thought he wasn't in control of the situation. Whereas here, he's just a guy in an outfit whose experiences don't yet come close to matching his ego who's just realized how in over his head he is.
    Best of the Best
    Grant Morrison; Alan Moore; Mark Waid; Warren Ellis; Mark Millar (when not all Millar-y); Elliot S! Maggin; Kurt Busiek; Jonathan Hickman; Matt Fraction; Jason Aaron; Garth Ennis.

Too bad the cross-road isn't the conclusion so we can get back to normal Batman stories.

I thought the main story in Batman 25 was great - 5 stars.
    But the backup story for an extra buck seemed like filler - 4 stars.
    And it had a fancy cover I didn't want for another buck - 3 stars.

Issue 26 was just okay, least satisfying issue yet - 3 stars.
    And it was an extra buck - 2 stars.

So I might be passing on this issue and giving up on Batman. If they are gonna sell it for 3.99, every issue has to be very good or great - and last issue wasn't. :(

....Why is "Doctor Death" now a generic monster villain, rather than generic mad doctor, as if New 52 DC doesn't want mad doctors any more?

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Preview looks awesome. Wednesday needs to get here, fast.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Looks awesome. Can't wait for this!
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

I am still in love with the vibrant and unique colouring that has adorned Zero Year as a whole so far.

Same goes for Zero Year full-stop, it's fantastic!
    Current Favourites: Animal Man, Batman, Empire of the Dead. Federal Bureau of Physics, Green Arrow, Rogues Rebellion, Swamp Thing, The Wake

I guess this is Snyder's homage to Year One's scene in the house and the explosion with Bratton's men.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Soooo... Snyder's still trying to make his retelling of batman's origin matter? And Capullo is still trying to learn how to draw?

Damn, guess I'm still going to NOT read Batman then.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I guess this is Snyder's homage to Year One's scene in the house and the explosion with Bratton's men.
    You mean Branden's men. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft Bat in Gotham City View Post
    You mean Branden's men. lol
    I've been so off the past few days, but yeah lol thanks.

Soooo... Snyder's still trying to make his retelling of batman's origin matter? And Capullo is still trying to learn how to draw?

Damn, guess I'm still going to NOT read Batman then.
    I'm not even going to touch this one.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."