Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Revolutionary War: Death's Head II, #1

Part 4 of 'Revolutionary War' o The long-awaited return of DEATH'S HEAD -- one of the biggest hits of the original Marvel UK! o Death's Head! Death's Head II! On an adventure together for the first time EVER! o What threat could be grave enough to bring these two heroes together from across time? How about the villainous Mys-Tech organization resurfacing with an army?!

Full article here.

Ah the classic tale of asking someone to do a job and never planning on paying them for it. Happens to every Bounty Hunter, I mean Freelance Peacekeeping Agent. Though shouldn't we have had previews of Knights of Pendragon before this?

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Ah the classic tale of asking someone to do a job and never planning on paying them for it. Happens to every Bounty Hunter, I mean Freelance Peacekeeping Agent. Though shouldn't we have had previews of Knights of Pendragon before this?

True. This isn't out until next month. KoP is out in less than two weeks.

Loving Nick Roche's art here. Great stuff.

Both of the first two issues have been pretty much top notch, so far.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Holy crap, Nick Roche is working on a Marvel book! I've got absolutely no clue what this crossover is about, but Nick Roche is a fantastic talent who has far and away been the best thing about Transformers comics since IDW took over, so definitely going to support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Holy crap, Nick Roche is working on a Marvel book! I've got absolutely no clue what this crossover is about, but Nick Roche is a fantastic talent who has far and away been the best thing about Transformers comics since IDW took over, so definitely going to support this.
    To do a small connection, Deaths Head originally comes from the Marvel Transformers comics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	124805

Hope the real DH can finally wipe that lame 90s EXTREME!!!! Terminator 2/Predator wannabe right out of the 616...

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    Hope the real DH can finally wipe that lame 90s EXTREME!!!! Terminator 2/Predator wannabe right out of the 616...
    Well said sir! Minion was a horrible waste of the real Death's Head yes?

To do a small connection, Deaths Head originally comes from the Marvel Transformers comics.

Man, I used to love that comic!

Love em both.....

Waitasec!

Where's the preview for part 3?

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Waitasec!

Did I miss something?
    Nope. They released the unlettered for part 4 before the one for part 3. Which makes little sense since part 3 is out in less than a fortnight.

Yep, loved it, one of his Transformers appearances was the first comic I remember reading.

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

The basis for every issue of the original Death's Head series wasn't it???

Errr yeah where is the KoP preview? Oh well, may be Marvel realised that this is the one everyone wants to see....

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    Both of the first two issues have been pretty much top notch, so far.
    Yes they have. The best I've seen from Marvel in a long time.

I am obviously biased......but of course.....right.

Well...........Death's Head was an essential part of the Transformers Marvel UK series....in fact I'd go so far as to say Death's Head was a huge part of retaining my Transformers fandom over the years despite Micheal Bay trying to make me feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c'thulhu View Post
    Well said sir! Minion was a horrible waste of the real Death's Head yes?
    For a long time I would have been in agreement....but the very eloquent and persuasive Sword is Drawn managed to convince me otherwise and see DHII as an evolution of the character rather than a replacement.....lately we've seen Paul Cornell and Alan Cowsill use the speech patterns of the original on the newer version soooooooooooo......

But even so. I really want the original to kick his arse.....yeah that's right ARSE!!!! Not ass....arse.....that's how excited I am! I'm using my own country's syntax!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyella View Post
    Man, I used to love that comic!
    It was a standard that so few, even now, can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterseve View Post
    Love em both.....
    Damn it......you're right......

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Waitasec!

Did I miss something?
    Nope. I don't get it either. Are Marvel US still pissed at *that* cliffhanger? C'mon....you know what I mean

Yep, loved it, one of his Transformers appearances was the first comic I remember reading.
    An amazing run and has just been discussed over on Avengers UK...........whats Avengers UK you say? Well, seeing as you ask it's a FREE fan-fiction webcomic set in the Marvel United Kingdom! We've just been joined by a new Bullpen members called Seb Carey who has expressed an interest in drawing a Death's Head story for the site.......

Here is a sample of what Seb may produce for us mere mortals and an advert for the site!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1512647_385567341580615_1127983058_n.jpg   1486917_373379936132689_588166665_n.jpg  
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Death's Head! Death's Head II! On an adventure together for the first time EVER!
    Second time. And no, I'm not counting when the pre-DHII Minion fought and killed DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Second time. And no, I'm not counting when the pre-DHII Minion fought and killed DH.
    Yes didn't they have a team-up in the Incomplete Death's Head (which I bought as I'm a completest)