Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Thor: God of Thunder #19.NOW

Marvel is proud to present your first look at THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW - the start of an all-new story arc from the New York Times Bestselling creators Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic!

The Asgardian Thunder God has fought countless battles in defense of his adopted home of Earth. But there are no God Butchers or Dark Elves to fight this time. The planet itself is dying - a victim of abuse and depletion at the hands of Roxxon Energy Corporation - the world's largest (and most nefarious) energy provider. How can he save the world he loves when there is no fight to be had? Now, Thor must team up with S.H.I.E.L.D. environmental agent Roz Solomon and square off against a multinational super-corporation and its ruthless CEO, Broxton Agger, a man the business world calls "The Minotaur"!

Meanwhile, millennia away, a future version of Thor squares off against the greatest threat in the history of the Marvel Universe - GALACTUS, the Devourer of Worlds! Winner take all! The prize? The remains of the planet Earth! Don't miss the start of a blockbuster new story arc when "The Last Days of Midgard" kicks off in THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW this February!

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #19.NOW also includes a code for a digital copy of that same issue on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices as well as the entire first collection of THOR: GOD OF THUNDER absolutely free!

Full preview here.

THIS is perfect ! Ribic is finally back ! The Malekith arc is decent but dissapointed me a little bit , so I'm expecting so much from this ! And the plots looks really interesting ! This just made my day :)

R.I.B.I.C. I.S. B.A.C.K.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

This comic is only good on the merits of Ribic's amazing art. Without it it's rubbish.

Glad to see Ribic's art again. The Malekith arc was decent but I am looking forward to better things from this one.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Looks amazing.

No surprise as Ribic is a boss.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Sounds like Marvel UK's "Knights of Pendragon."

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Buddy View Post
    This comic is only good on the merits of Ribic's amazing art. Without it it's rubbish.
    I dunno, I LOOOOOVE Aaron's writing on this series. It takes a lot to get me to like a Thor series as much as I like this one.

That said, RIBIC IS BACK! This dude was born to draw Thor comics, hot damn.

Cat Thor! Nearly as purrfect as King Thor and Ribic's return.

I'll be trying this again for the King Thor/Galactus story.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

RIBIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC.

Can't wait.

SHIELD has an "environmental agent" now, huh?

Giggity giggity.

Time for Thor to regain the number one status of being Marvels best book.

I really enjoyed the Malekith arc and I'm a big Aaron fan but there is no doubting Ribic elevates this book to another level. The man is an immense talent.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

This arc sounds fantastic. I was actually quite pleased with the Malekith arc, considering it seemed editorially mandated to support the film. I thought Aaron did what he could with the story and ended it on a high note. This upcoming arc sounds tremendous, though, in concept and style. I'm eager to see Solomon's character fleshed out a bit, and I love the idea of an antagonist for Thor whom he can't simply bludgeon into defeat. Aaron may be breaking into totally new ground for Thor, which is awesome. But, man, that Ribic.

Very happy to see Ribic back.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Add Ribic to any book and it will get better. This arc sounds very promising.
    Can't say the The Malekith arc was bad (it was ok) but it was nowhere near the level of quality of God Butcher Saga.