Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lex Luthor Joins the Justice League Post-"Forever Evil"

In the wake of the Crime Syndicate's rampage across Earth, the Justice LEague finds itself with an unlikely new member: Lex Luthor.

Full article here.

this is just freaking sad and so not what the Justice League should be. Shame on DC.

Damn, I was hoping to actually get some straight-forward Justice League stories after Forever Evil. I mean Justice League is already on its thirtieth issue, and we still haven't seen the team act like, well... the Justice League! Plus, we didn't get much adventures with the original lineup yet, and the ones that we did get were either incredibly bland or awful. Is it too hard to have a Justice League book that is about the Justice League? And doesn't feature the Justice League fighting each other?

O...kay? Not really interested either way, but this seems kind of pointless.

Dark Justice League! Not to be confused with Justice League Dark.

But this is so temporary, that it just doesn't feel worth it.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Yeah, it's strange....For such a home run concept, DC has had the core Justice League together for all of 40 issues over the past 10 years or so.

Although if Superman is back, I'll be more appeased, and actually think it would make for an interesting dynamic.
    Last edited by bjtrdff; 01-17-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: 20 issues changed to 40

I wonder if the popularity of Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man is helping this happen (along with Johns' love of villains). After all, RDJ as Iron man has been a recipe for success, and the ingredients are:

-Wealth
    -Intelligence/Charisma
    -No natural powers
    -Mechanical suit
    -Refusal to play nice with peers or authorities
    -Arrogance (public identity included)

Lex and RDJ Iron Man are certainly comparable, even if there are definite differences there as well. I'm just as surprised/interested in Captain Cold's inclusion too.
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

and just like that the original league is over and done with. What a waste of 30+ issues
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost. View Post
    Lex and RDJ Iron Man are certainly comparable, even if there are definite differences there as well. I'm just as surprised/interested in Captain Cold's inclusion too.
    Johns being Johns probably feels the need to "rehabilitate" the character in light of the characterization and changes portrayed by Manapaul and Buccellato. It's a bit annoying because he already had his turn and left his mark on a Captain Cold prior to the reboot. I don't understand why somebody else's take isn't good enough. It's a new universe.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Abril View Post
    Damn, I was hoping to actually get some straight-forward Justice League stories after Forever Evil. I mean Justice League is already on its thirtieth issue, and we still haven't seen the team act like, well... the Justice League! Plus, we didn't get much adventures with the original lineup yet, and the ones that we did get were either incredibly bland or awful. Is it too hard to have a Justice League book that is about the Justice League? And doesn't feature the Justice League fighting each other?
    The team never felt like a Jutice league team.

I am actually happy that Captain Cold is a member of the justice league. I really got to like his character more as I read Forever Evil and his and the rouges villains month issue. I can't wait to see how he interacts with the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Abril View Post
    The Justice League lasted about 12 issues before the first major character left (Green Lantern). And with earth having FIVE Green Lanterns there wasn't someone the book could use? Can we have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman in one comic for awhile? If DC wants an easy event, why not reunite the Justice League's big guns? That might sell way more comics than shaking up the team will.

After Trinity War ended, I dropped the book. Won't be back until the team reforms.
    "Who fights an army with purple tape over their nipples?"
    Starfire can. She destroyed 3 tanks inbetween panels while wearing purple tape over her nipples.

I already stopped reading Forever Evil because I just don't care about Lex Luthor as a protagonist. Now it looks like I'll be staying away from JL for the foreseeable future. Just because Luthor's bald, it doesn't mean that I want to see him as the Walter White of the DCU.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 01-17-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    The team never felt like a Jutice league team.
    I agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
    The Justice League lasted about 12 issues before the first major character left (Green Lantern). And with earth having FIVE Green Lanterns there wasn't someone the book could use? Can we have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman in one comic for awhile? If DC wants an easy event, why not reunite the Justice League's big guns? That might sell way more comics than shaking up the team will.

After Trinity War ended, I dropped the book. Won't be back until the team reforms.
    I dropped it after Throne of Atlantis.