Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: All-New X-Factor, #2

"NOT BRAND X" Parts 1 & 2
    X-FACTOR IS BACK...LIKE NEVER BEFORE! Serval Industries, one of the world's most trusted names in electronics and leader in cutting-edge internet and weapons technology, has just unveiled their newest contribution to society...the All-New X-Factor. Led by mutant mistress of magnetism, Polaris, the team uses its corporate backing for the betterment of society. With her half-brother Quicksilver, notorious thief, Gambit, and more by her side, can Polaris trust that her corporate masters really have good intentions?

Full article here.

I love this, absolutely love this. I can't wait to read the rest. And I can so understand Lorna - you go girl! - kick some serious butt.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

Things are looking bad for Quicksilver if Fatale, Abyss and Reaper are involved. My guess is they're not going to buy his "it wasn't me, it was a skrull" excuse.

Hope PAD brings back Shatterstar & Rictor <3

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Things are looking bad for Quicksilver if Fatale, Abyss and Reaper are involved. My guess is they're not going to buy his "it wasn't me, it was a skrull" excuse.
    Who exactly are these three?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelson View Post
    In the previous X-Factor, those three mutants + blob, callisto, marrow, and elijah banded together because they thought "Decimation" (when Wanda depowered all the mutants) was caused by the government. Elijah asks Quicksilver for help since at the time, he had the terrigen crystals and could briefly repower mutants. Quicksilver repowers Elijah, Fatale, Reaper and Abyss. Elijah explodes because the terrigen mists are actually bad for humans. Fatale, Reaper and Abyss were also about to explode, but Abyss sucks them all in another dimension to try and forestall their deaths. Since then, they haven't been seen. But now they're back, and probably not too happy with Quickie for what he did to them.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I love this, absolutely love this. I can't wait to read the rest. And I can so understand Lorna - you go girl! - kick some serious butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelson View Post
    Fatale was an assassin hired by the Dark Beast to stalk and kill Bishop once upon a time.
    Reaper was the member of the MLF who kept having his hand(s) cut off by members of X-Force in the 90s.
    Abyss is the 616 version of the Horseman of Apocalypse from Age of Apocalypse Universe, who had the Legacy Virus in his debut issue, and never died of it. He also is one of those teleporting mutants who are children of Azazel.

Anyway, those 3 characters were all part of X-Cell, who appeared in PAD's X-Factor (vol. 3) #18-20. They were mutants depowered by the Decimation who believed the government did it to wipe out all mutants. They were being hunted by SHIELD as domestic terrorists. Quicksilver, at the time having Terrigen Crystals in his body, offered to restore their powers. Of course, this restoration was unstable, and resulted in the death of Elijah Cross, X-Cell's leader.

The rest of the group jumped inside Abyss's teleportation cavity to flee, and hadn't been seen since. With or without powers. Until Fatale turned up last issue, and the other two are now shown back in the preview for the second issue.

It's a PAD plot hook he'd promised to get back to at some point. And now he has.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Did not see this coming. Lovely twist. Good to see PAD isn't brushing QS's actions post M day under the carpet. I hate when a hero's bad deeds are ignored or kind of fudged. Deal with them head on, and then he can be a proper team member.

Love when Po remembers how magnificent she is and lets rip. I want to see her kick butt too.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

I love the European style art on this book! The action sequences look so amazing! They also changed the cover color from yellow to blue: smart decision. Yellow looks nice on occasion, but in this book is was getting overwhelming.
    I wish this preview was released on Monday, cuz now i have too many days of extreme anticipation- ug!

I like the blue cover too. I can't wait to see how they get out of this mess.
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro. AKA - Oliver and Company.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible ta women." - Gambit ANXF #9

I wonder if this is the reason Quicksilver showed up at X-factor ie he and/or Harrsion Snow know who the mutants being held captive were and their connection to Quicksilver. Seems a bit too convenient otherwise. Also, probably unrelated but wonder if this is connects to Marrow's return in X-force since she was part of X-cell. Wishful thinking but it would be nice to see Marrow and Gambit connect again.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-17-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Can't wait....I love the pacing of this story so far.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    STORM #1...(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez. July 2014.

Seeing Polaris just go "f**k it" and start tearing shit up is awesome.

Heaven got nothin on this Ztopia's Avatar

AIM seems alot more competent here. So far. So good

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I wonder if this is the reason Quicksilver showed up at X-factor ie he and/or Harrsion Snow know who the mutants being held captive were and their connection to Quicksilver. Seems a bit too convenient otherwise. Also, probably unrelated but wonder if this is connects to Marrow's return in X-force since she was part of X-cell. Wishful thinking but it would be nice to see Marrow and Gambit connect again.
    Maybe. I doubt we'll see Marrow immediately, though. Both her and Callisto got wise to Quicksilver's "fix" for their lost powers, and didn't hop inside Abyss like the other 3. She probably won't be in Hoffman's lab with the other members of X-Cell.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -