Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Avengers Assemble" To End in March

Series writer Kelly Sue DeConnick has confirmed that March's "Avengers Assemble" #25 will be the final issue of the series.

Full article here.

Pretty disappointed. I was really enjoying the current arc, but the writing was on the wall the moment they announced Avengers World.

I'm still holding out on a Spider-girl or Spider-woman spin-off book in May or June.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Just a little sad about this, but not surprised. Now perhaps Marvel will give KSD a Spider Girl (or return her to Arana!) series or even a Spider Woman series!! KSD would kill it on a SG book I think!

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

I'm sad about this! I blame Avengers World for crowding it out.

I liked that in theory, this was a book that could use the Avengers who weren't getting a lot of play in other titles, but in practice it felt like a tie-in with both the main Avengers book and Captain Marvel (except for Al Ewing's fill-in issues). I'll still miss it, as Avengers World won't throw a spotlight on anyone who's not already in Hickman's Avengers.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Yet another added to Marvel's list of stealth cancellations and forcing the creators to go on personal blogs/sites to announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrian View Post
    Just a little sad about this, but not surprised. Now perhaps Marvel will give KSD a Spider Girl (or return her to Arana!) series or even a Spider Woman series!! KSD would kill it on a SG book I think!
    Any of those would be great, especially the way both Anya and Jess have been written thus far.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

"the book fulfilled its mandate, so it’s done with issue 25"

So true. I've enjoyed it mostly, but it doesn't really have a place in the bigger picture.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

Not too surprised. I think this book fulfilled its purpose. It's not ending on a bad note or anything. With so many other new Avengers books coming out and more set to come out next year with the premier of another movie, I think it makes sense to end this title and make way for some new series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

ill miss it

It was the odd-man-out of the Avengers franchise. Nobody could really figure out what its point was.

Darn darn darn it. This is the only and I mean ONLY Avengers title I'm enjoying right now. I don't like Hickman's Avengers nearly as much as I liked his FF or Bendis' Avengers. Darn it.

I hope Marvel collected editions gets around to releasing an "Avengers Assemble by DeConnick: The Complete Collection" at some point however. It would be a good done-in-one large volume.

This is disappointing. I did enjoy this book a lot.

In part, I sort of wonder if KSD was just getting too busy. (As evidenced by bringing Ellis on to help.) She has a lot on her plate still with Captain Marvel, Ghost, Pretty Deadly, Bitch Planet, etc...

Damn. That's a shame. I've really enjoyed this book. Hopefully, They give DeConnick something more high-profile next.

But they probably won't.

Man, I'm going to miss this one. This was my second favorite Avengers title since it was just a pure, fun superhero book with the characters fighting bad guys. Nothing too deep and nothing too serious, but still very enjoyable.