Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "What If? Age of Ultron" & "Daredevil" #1.5 Coming in April

A "What If? Age of Ultron" miniseries and a special "Daredevil" flash-forward issue are in the cards for Marvel's April releases.

Full article here.

I like the premise but Jan.... :'(

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

So it's a "for want of a nail" piece with each of the founding Avengers? Neat idea.

The Daredevil issue sounds pretty cool, too. It'll be interesting to compare Waid's take with Bendis's from End of Days.
    Expletive Deleted

After how terrible Marvel's What If gimmicks were last year, I don't see how this could be any worse.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

So Matt Murdock is going to reach 50, eh? Interesting, considering how Marvel feels about letting their heroes age... That brings up an interesting question- Who, would you say is the oldest hero (Chronologically) in the Marvel universe?
    onto the rest;
    1) I keep waffling on whether or not to buy She Hulk. The art isn't wowing me, and I'm not sure about the stories.
    2) I WAS thinking of dropping Uncanny Avengers, but the annual and the "Supernatural Avengers" are staying my hand- for now.
    3) Can't say I'm jazzed for the Nightcrawler premise; road trip with wolverine. Yawn- wake me when it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So Matt Murdock is going to reach 50, eh? Interesting, considering how Marvel feels about letting their heroes age... That brings up an interesting question- Who, would you say is the oldest hero (Chronologically) in the Marvel universe?
    onto the rest;
    1) I keep waffling on whether or not to buy She Hulk. The art isn't wowing me, and I'm not sure about the stories.
    2) I WAS thinking of dropping Uncanny Avengers, but the annual and the "Supernatural Avengers" are staying my hand- for now.
    3) Can't say I'm jazzed for the Nightcrawler premise; road trip with wolverine. Yawn- wake me when it's over.
    I say give She-Hulk at least the first issue. Soule's a generally solid writer.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I just hope this What if? won't be as horrible as recent What if AVX? that sucked big time..
    also, are all 5 issues coming out in April???
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I like the premise of the AoU What If?. Then again, I liked the premise of the AvX What If? too, and look how that turned out.

That Daredevil issue sounds like it's going to be great.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

"What If? Age of Ultron"...... had actually been a decent event in the first place? This and other tales so ludicrously improbable, that we had to umbrella them under the "What If" banner, True Believers!

While I typically steer clear of the What If? comics I'm honestly looking forward to What If? Age of Ultron #2 solely because it'll be reintroducing my favorite variation of the Fantastic Four. Can't wait to read it =3

I'm not really a Wasp fan, she's alright, but I'm a little annoyed that apparently her only contribution to the Marvel Universe was keeping her husband from doing something.
    Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Vision all get alternate futures that show how important they are as heroes. While Janet's importance is as Hank's wife, rather than as Wasp.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

I think we'll get some twisted hilarity out of the What If...Ultron? series if they actually have continuity among issues. Wolverine and Sue kill hero X in one issue, return to a horrific future, and have to go back and try again by killing somebody else. It could end up like that "Family Guy" where hundreds of Stewies and Brians travel back to the first episode.

Still, I think the fifth issue could be the most promising, as it's the story that seems most plausible from the original story: what if Wolverine had just convinced Hank not to build Ultron? With Hank but no Ultron, the Age of LeFay should have been averted, so how bad could that have been?
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

At first glance, 'What If...Age of Ultron' sounds a little redundant. The entire story was already a 'What If' tale (two, actually). This sounds fun though.

I'm not really into 'What If' books, but I'll be grabbing these. They feel more like extra chapters to the AoU story, actually. I liked the story (I know, I know...), so this is welcome!

Daredevil? I'm not a fan. I'm sure it's all good (I hear nothing but good things about it), but he's just not for me.:D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

These all sound pretty interesting, kinda wished the new Fantastic Four for the Iron Man one didn't always have to be Spidey, Logan, Hulk and Ghost Rider. Variety people! And we appear to have Punisher as Captain America again. Still, I do like the idea of single stories under a single theme. The last one without Ultron or Vision sounds the most interesting.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.