Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Complete '60s "Batman" TV Series to Get Long-Awaited Home Release

As first announced by Conan O'Brien via Twitter, the live-action '60s "Batman" series will finally get a home release, at some point this year.

Full article here.

'Bout damn time!

Default cool

This is good news. Here's hoping we'll get The Green Hornet series soon, too.

Eh, the show really gets old quick for me. Yeah at first it is "so terrible its funny" but then..it just keeps the first part but drops the "it's funny" part. Still, I'm surprised it took this long.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Not my favorite Batman material but my 7 year old son might enjoy it.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

That's great. However, this reminds of how we'll never see Saturday Night Live from the late 80s and early 90s on DVD. That's sad. It was some really great stuff. I think it's all the music rights that does that.

There were a lot of things (during the 90s specifically) that I wish I had taped. Sometimes you'll get lucky and someone will have put it up on Youtube, but I could of made it simpler and just taped it and put it in a box. SNL from that era specifically. PLus you get all those neat 90s commericals and local news. I understand Batman's release problems were about 'who owned what' in regards to the series. That's the dilemma of the modern show, they are even more tight about that. They have to be in this time of the internet.

Ok now all I need is Mighty Orbots on dvd.

I hope that Adam West & Burt Ward go on a nationwide autograph tour. I'll get a set for sure.

Oh my god, yes! This is incredible news!

Adam West is Batman and everyone else is just an imitator!

I am doing the Batusi as I type this. Which is quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Eh, the show really gets old quick for me. Yeah at first it is "so terrible its funny" but then..it just keeps the first part but drops the "it's funny" part. Still, I'm surprised it took this long.
    Yeah, the humour fell flat for me as well. I liked some of the eye candy (especially the Batmobile) but found the humour more painful than funny.

In terms your last comment though, the reason for the delay were the various rights issues, including the Green Hornet team-up and the various cameos including GH again, col Klink from Hogan's Heroes, and Lurch from Addams Family. So lots of stuff had to be negotiated. That's undoubtedly why Batman: The Movie got released years before the show even though the audience was pretty much the same: there were fewer rights issues to untangle for the DVD. Here's a link to what a mess things were back in 2008: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...Reported/10573

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

My great hope is that WB follows the example set by Get Smart: include every appearance of West & Ward outside of the series — commercials, cameos, the Scooby-Doo episode, etc. — but do it minus the animated series, movie and reunion film. In their place, do a few commentary tracks, throw in the pitch reel and Batgirl teaser film, the Wonder Woman teaser that might have followed… this is a one-shot, do-it-right set. And it has to be out on BluRay!

I have no real desire to watch the series again for the most part...But if they have lots of great extras and commentaries on the DVDs I'll probably buy it. If it's a no frills set like SHAZAM and the SUPERHERO ROASTS I have no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It's not so bad it's funny, it's intentionally the way it is.

Very excited and happy over this!
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.