Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Amazing Spider-Man" Asks "Who Am I?" In Fialkov & Slott's Infinite Comic

Writer Joshua Hale Fialkov tells CBR about "Spider-Man: Who Am I?" a new weekly Infinite Comic he's co-writing with Dan Slott starring an amnesiac Peter Parker.

Full article here.

"There's another Spider-Man running around."

Please don't be a clone thing. My money's on Otto in another body when Peter gets control of his body back. That or the amnesiac Parker is a clone. I don't know. I'm curious enough to buy this though. Wish it was coming out sooner. Take my money and gimme some comics early please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryogenic View Post
    "There's another Spider-Man running around."

Please don't be a clone thing. My money's on Otto in another body when Peter gets control of his body back. That or the amnesiac Parker is a clone. I don't know. I'm curious enough to buy this though. Wish it was coming out sooner. Take my money and gimme some comics early please.
    I think he means spidey 2099.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Quote Originally Posted by kitonok View Post
    Hopefully. However, it wouldn't offend my sensitive fanboy nature so that can't be it. lol

Also remotely possible this will be a story that takes place during Superior Spider-Man, with Peter in Ock's body or some such, so the "other Spider-Man" is SpOck. I'm not counting on it, but since there's been some speculation that we'll see a "what was Peter doing this whole time" miniseries, it's at least a possibility.

Spider-Man with no memory of who he really is committing a crime? Didn't we already cover this idea waaaaay back in the famous "Doc Ock Wins!" storyline of "Amazing Spider-Man" 53-57?

Quote Originally Posted by icemanjeff79 View Post
    Spider-Man with no memory of who he really is committing a crime? Didn't we already cover this idea waaaaay back in the famous "Doc Ock Wins!" storyline of "Amazing Spider-Man" 53-57?
    It also reminds me of that episode in Spider-Man TAS where Spidey lost his memories and Doc OcK told him that Spidey was his partner in crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    It also reminds me of that episode in Spider-Man TAS where Spidey lost his memories and Doc OcK told him that Spidey was his partner in crime.
    I'm pretty sure that it's is an adaptation of aforementioned story.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

I'm pretty sure that it's is an adaptation of aforementioned story.
    Yup. Incidentally, I highly recommend Amazing Spider-Man #55-56. It's a rare time that the amnesia cliche has been satisfying in an action series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yup. Incidentally, I highly recommend Amazing Spider-Man #55-56. It's a rare time that the amnesia cliche has been satisfying in an action series.

Testament to Stan's skill and knowledge of how long and far to push it.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Do you think, Marvel will publish this story in traditional trade format? How was it with other Infinite Comics?
    I don't like this digital comics... There is nothing better than paper and scent of a fresh ink... ;)

Nice. I like it when you guys site reasons to go back and reread stuff. It sucks thought when I put my nostalgia glasses on and realize how long ago I was exposed to this stuff. Plus, there's a huge disconnect between the way comics were written and drawn back then to now. I'm not sure why but it seems as though it takes longer to read older comics than newer ones. There's definitely more exposition via thought bubbles and I'm actually glad that contemporary comics writers don't try to spell everything out. Contemporary comic dialogue, in most cases, is better for lack of words. There's something to be said though about constantly being inside the characters' heads.

Nice. I like it when you guys site reasons to go back and reread stuff. It sucks thought when I put my nostalgia glasses on and realize how long ago I was exposed to this stuff. Plus, there's a huge disconnect between the way comics were written and drawn back then to now. I'm not sure why but it seems as though it takes longer to read older comics than newer ones. There's definitely more exposition via thought bubbles and I'm actually glad that contemporary comics writers don't try to spell everything out. Contemporary comic dialogue, in most cases, is better for lack of words. There's something to be said though about constantly being inside the characters' heads.
    I think Stan Lee's work holds up better than that of the later generation (Gerry Conway, Steve Englehart, Dennis O'Neil, Roy Thomas, etc.) because he was aware that his style was so ridiculous. The other guys tried to be modern, which doesn't quite hold up forty years later.

In Writing For Comics, Peter David calls the new type of comics the cinematic or widescreen style. So that's probably why it takes less time to read Warren Ellis than Chris Claremont. There aren't as many thought bubbles nor is there narration. It's partially the result of improved printing technology which reduces the necessity of exposition.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I think Stan Lee's work holds up better than that of the later generation (Gerry Conway, Steve Englehart, Dennis O'Neil, Roy Thomas, etc.) because he was aware that his style was so ridiculous. The other guys tried to be modern, which doesn't quite hold up forty years later.

In Writing For Comics, Peter David calls the new type of comics the cinematic or widescreen style. So that's probably why it takes less time to read Warren Ellis than Chris Claremont. There aren't as many thought bubbles nor is there narration. It's partially the result of improved printing technology which reduces the necessity of exposition.
    Stan Lee's work held up so well that he established 90% of Spider-Man's rogues gallery that we still see stories from. How many villains have been introduced outside of Lee's run that are still being written about today? Like three?

Stan Lee's work held up so well that he established 90% of Spider-Man's rogues gallery that we still see stories from. How many villains have been introduced outside of Lee's run that are still being written about today? Like three?
    Other than the big three you're thinking of, I would add Jackal. I'm aware that the identity was tacked on to a Lee character, but that hardly counts.

Also, I thought it was Wolverine who sang "Who Am I".
    Last edited by Baron Mercredi; 01-15-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    Marvel: Miracleman, Moon Knight, Uncanny & All-New X-Men, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Factor, Daredevil
    DC/Vertigo: Sandman Overture, Astro City, Wonder Woman
    Other: Lazarus, X-Files: Season 10