Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Donal Logue Rumored for Gordon Role in "Gotham"

The latest casting rumor says TV veteran Donal Logue has been offered the part of James Gordon on the in-development Fox series "Gotham."

Full article here.

Elder Member

Logue on a weekly series is a good thing for TV, but isn't he a bit old? If the show is set not long after the Waynes are killed (20 years or so before Bruce becomes Batman), wouldn't Gordon be in his 30s?
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

And it's been debunked now.

same concern
    for a 12YO Bruce, i expect someone younger.
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Couldn't they at least try for Bryan Cranston?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Couldn't they at least try for Bryan Cranston?
    That would be epic. Except he must be too big now.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

This is getting really ridiculous now. Just today, websites reported on two rumors that later were determined to be false (here referring to the Johnny Depp one and now this one, and the other day Jason Momoa). I think media outlets (or at least ones who take pride in their journalistic integrity) should NOT write articles or columns UNTIL the studios release an official press release. Let websites like Latino Review or Bleeding Cool do this, they feed on these click bait type stories. But I don't think CBR should. I love this website but stories like these are just non-stories. But fans gobble this up of course and at times respond to these rumors as actual confirmations which they either get extremely mad about (Amazonian Kryptonian) or happy. Only to later find out that the rumor turned out to be nothing. Rumors are increasingly treated with having more weight than they should. The impatience of waiting for official press releases is getting somewhat ridiculous, an impatience that has grown both from the media and from fans. Let alone wanting to know every single detail of the post production process of a movie. At least what outlets should do is FACT CHECK rumors and NOT simply make an article about a rumor from rumor centric websites. Or, like everyone else, just wait until a casting is officially announced. Knowing a day, week, or month earlier makes no difference on the impact of an announcement. Let's stop worrying about being first and start worrying about being right.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ah man this would rock!

Maybe he could be Bullock?

Quote Originally Posted by alkazaar View Post
    This is getting really ridiculous now. Just today, websites reported on two rumors that later were determined to be false (here referring to the Johnny Depp one and now this one, and the other day Jason Momoa). I think media outlets (or at least ones who take pride in their journalistic integrity) should NOT write articles or columns UNTIL the studios release an official press release. Let websites like Latino Review or Bleeding Cool do this, they feed on these click bait type stories. But I don't think CBR should. I love this website but stories like these are just non-stories. But fans gobble this up of course and at times respond to these rumors as actual confirmations which they either get extremely mad about (Amazonian Kryptonian) or happy. Only to later find out that the rumor turned out to be nothing. Rumors are increasingly treated with having more weight than they should. The impatience of waiting for official press releases is getting somewhat ridiculous, an impatience that has grown both from the media and from fans. Let alone wanting to know every single detail of the post production process of a movie. At least what outlets should do is FACT CHECK rumors and NOT simply make an article about a rumor from rumor centric websites. Or, like everyone else, just wait until a casting is officially announced. Knowing a day, week, or month earlier makes no difference on the impact of an announcement. Let's stop worrying about being first and start worrying about being right.
    I thought there was a time in the not so distant past where readers could go to BC for the rumors and CBR for confirmation. No more it seems.

This would have been some cool casting. Logue's got the facial hair for it, and age really isn't much of an issue with make up. Besides, if they plan to run the series long enough to age Bruce up to Batman, someone older is probably a better pick.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Logue would be a steal to get on a weekly comic show, but I agree that he's too old to play Gordon in this time frame of Batman's life. Now, if he was announced as the new Gordon for the Affleck Batman, that would rock. And Terriers was such a great show...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    That would be epic. Except he must be too big now.
    too big? haha Gordon is a dream role for any actor
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

my Gordon would be Tim Olyphant (he is a young looking 45)

or this guy, Mathew Lillard

as Cops or archvillains, CHikliss and Walton Goggins, of course are no brainers

Chiklis could make a pretty good Bullock.

yeah, Goggins as Harvey Dent!!!! As a southern DA come to the big city, ohh Cthulhu make it so.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    too big? haha Gordon is a dream role for any actor
    Cranston is one of the most sough-after actor after Breaking Bad. He has been approached to play Luthor. His present and futur is in movies at this point.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!