Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Spurrier Winds Down "X-Men Legacy," Prepares "X-Force"

Si Spurrier discusses his upcoming work on "X-Force" and what to expect from the end of "X-Men Legacy." Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Per usual, a wonderful interview from Spurrier. Can't wait for this book to get started.
    Psylocke

Wow, this will take a while to read through (second and third time).

Where does he get all these wonderfull words from? Has he eaten a dictionary for breakfast each day?

Spurrier can try to paint it however he wants but if Fantomex wasn't in this book I'd be a lot more interested in it. Wish they would have replaced him with Domino and/or Colossus. Plus I still don't get how he is going to be on this kill squad and work at the school for Wolverine at the same time. That didn't quite work out too well for Psylocke. Though I guess she wasn't never a fixture at the school.

This is a joy. He even makes necessary non-answers magnificent instead of forced and boring
    Ranking the Periods of X-Men History
    X-Book Marvel NOW Timeline
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

A character is disliked as soon as a writer makes him dislikeable.

I'm textually manipulated, esp by his wonderful Marrow ponderings.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Where does he get all these wonderfull words from? Has he eaten a dictionary for breakfast each day?
    I think he ate chocolate lexicon during answering/typing/procrastinating from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Spurrier can try to paint it however he wants but if Fantomex wasn't in this book I'd be a lot more interested in it. Wish they would have replaced him with Domino and/or Colossus. Plus I still don't get how he is going to be on this kill squad and work at the school for Wolverine at the same time. That didn't quite work out too well for Psylocke. Though I guess she wasn't never a fixture at the school.
    Don't waste a wish, Fanto is here to stay.
    And Domino and Colossus are x1000000000000000000000000000000000 worse than Fanto.
    Okay, I lied. They're x100000000000000000000000000000000 worse.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

This book is going to be good. Spurrier is writing debatably the only readable x-book in Legacy (if we don't count Uncanny Avengers), and now he gets to play with Cable, Psylocke and Fantomex; should be nothing less than amazing.

I like being called an awesomenaut.
    "What, pray, was the 'electron'?"

"Well, there is one fragmentary source which alludes to it as a 'Negative Twist of Nothingness'."

- A Canticle for Leibowitz

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicUrban View Post
    A character is disliked as soon as a writer makes him dislikeable.
    I dislike Fantomex because writers made me dislike him. I 100% agree with this.
    I started to dislike him, when he killed the original Darkstar, but started liking him under Remender, who wrote him as a rogue, even though by the end i was sick of this fake ass Han Solo.
    Humphries himself is such a shit writer, he didn't do Fantomex OR Psylocke Justice in my opinion(and we all have one). But yeah if Spurrier can make me like Legion, then I'll give it a chance, as long as he's sure about Psylocke being relationship less.
    My Armor will Protect me from the brunt of your attacks. But who will protect your mind from mine.
    - (Psylocke)
    My deviantly deviant deviations http://tazirai.deviantart.com/

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

"...we're talking about the Internets here, aren't we, that paradisiacal farmland where the teensy seeds of speculation grow seamlessly into the spooky orchards of assumption -- hanging heavy with the oily fruits of outrage -- and all of it without a single nourishing drop of Fact." Si Spurrier.

Abso-Bloody-frakkin' brilliant!

Now that is how you do tongue-in-cheek and fun X-position. I love a writer who loves words.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

I don't have chocolate :(

...but I made myself cocoa :)

Spurrier is 100% dedicated to the craft of writing.
    You can see it, you can feel it, and you can even smell it.

Notice that the interview reads like a story.
    As if, instead of doing an x-position, Spurrier wrote a story about a writer answering fans' questions.
    I wish all x-positions were as interesting, full of passion, and creative as this one.

And yes, he still reminds me of early/young Alan Moore.
    I hope that he won't have a reason to become angry and grumpy, though.
    Last edited by chakal; 01-14-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Wow. Awesome X-Position. Informative and interesting. I think I'm going to like this Spurrier guy.

Can't wait to see some of the mysteries and plot threads he's hinted at here unfold...

Man, I'm seriously going to miss David Haller when X-men Legacy ends. It has been one of my favorite series that came out of Marvel Now and David has become one of my favorite characters.

I wish the man the best of luck with X-force, and hopefully I'll be able to catch up with it when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wow. Awesome X-Position. Informative and interesting. I think I'm going to like this Spurrier guy.

Can't wait to see some of the mysteries and plot threads he's hinted at here unfold...
    Now that it's wrapping you really should invest in XLeg as he called it. I bailed after the first arc originally but after prodding went back in and I've reread the entire run two times now. Can't wait for the end. Really really good writing and outside the box thinking.
    Ranking the Periods of X-Men History
    X-Book Marvel NOW Timeline
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do