Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fialkov & Bobillo Introduce an Amnesiac "Amazing Spider-Man" to Infinite Comics

Peter Parker may be returning, but his memory is another story -- one told by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Juan Bobillo in a new Infinite Comic.

Full article here.

Powered By Gravity Skyjumpermike's Avatar

I'd love to see how upset all the Spidey fans who can't wait for a story to develop will be if Peter comes back and is a worse person than Spock was! Ha!

I saw a couple of images of sketches for this the other day on bleeding cool.

Bobillo

Wasn't he the one from those FF issues where all characters looked like Neanderthals with down-syndrom?
    I only remember a lot of fans complaining and the artist beeing replaced short after.

So basically, Marvel just revealed the big twist regarding Peter's return. Or one of them, anyway.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Interesting...so I'm assuming that this "nature vs. nurture" premise (is it experiences or innate personality that influences behavior) will also be at the core of Slott's ASM? If so, I think it would be a great decision by Slott as this will make the transition between SSM and ASM a little more smooth.

Know Bobillo got a lot of criticism for his art on FF, and while I wasn't exactly feeling it either, still think he's a talented artist.

Love the She-Hulk issues he drew that Dan Slott wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So basically, Marvel just revealed the big twist regarding Peter's return. Or one of them, anyway.
    I was predicting gay Peter Parker with amnesia dating Mark James("You guys wanted Peter-MJ again, here we go"), so we're halfway there

Marvel is very spoilerish with Spider-Man...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Bobillo definitely has a kind of stylized art that not everyone likes. I'm cool with him, though. Glad to see he's still working.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Bobillo definitely has a kind of stylized art that not everyone likes. I'm cool with him, though. Glad to see he's still working.
    His artwork will be just fine. It was a bit spotty on FF, but his She-Hulk stuff was great. To me, apart from Otto, the biggest lost due to the return of Peter is the Superior costume. The red & blue might be classic, but that red & black outfit has really grown on me. Unfortunately, they'll end up shoving it in a closet or dumping it onto another character as they've done in the past. Shame.

I like Peter and never expected him to stay away, but the memory loss thing is such a tired cliche. Hope Slott has something else up his sleeve. Right now, the idea of an amnesiac Peter Parker doesn't top the more recent greatness of SpOck.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    As mentioned elsewhere, Bobillo did draw Slott's She-Hulk, including the issue with Spider-Man suing Jonah, and later Peter Parker! Not to everyone's taste, definitely, but since this is a digital release it's easy to avoid by those who dislike his art.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As mentioned elsewhere, Bobillo did draw Slott's She-Hulk, including the issue with Spider-Man suing Jonah, and later Peter Parker! Not to everyone's taste, definitely, but since this is a digital release it's easy to avoid by those who dislike his art.
    When it is an Infinite release, isn't it THAT important to the main story?

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Haven't read an Infinite issue yet so I can't say.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Haven't read an Infinite issue yet so I can't say.
    As much as I remember one was with this Nova guy fleeing to Earth, one with Phoenclops talking to his dead Sand-Woman and there was something with the Silver Surfer during Infinity.

Based on those, and you not having read them, I can safely assume this as a "no"